Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
RIP Jonathan Demme 
Burning Godzilla

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/movi ... .html?_r=0

Everybody knows him from Silence of the Lambs but my firstest favoritest Demme film was Stop Making Sense, probably the finest concert film I've ever seen.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:55 pm
Burning Godzilla

The only feature film of his I know is Melvin and Howard, which was delightful. (I also see that he did the television adaptation of the Kurt Vonnegut story "Who Am I Now?" That was also very good.)

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 am
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/26/movies/jonathan-demme-movie-reviews-silence-of-the-lambs.html?_r=0

Everybody knows him from Silence of the Lambs but my firstest favoritest Demme film was Stop Making Sense, probably the finest concert film I've ever seen.

Stop Making Sense is a fine film, and redefined how to properly do a concert movie, but damn, they're playing about the coolest synthesizer solo of its time and he fails to point the camera at the keyboard players. Can't even tell whether it's Jerry Harrison or Bernie Worrell busting those chops.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Mon May 01, 2017 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]