Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Cinema Supercollider V-Fest! 
Kenny

As our listeners know, we love us some bad movies. One of our favorite things to do every year is go to B-Fest, a 24-hour film festival that shows b-movies and cult films at Northwestern University. One of our other favorite things to do is host livetweet events for our listeners where we watch a “virtual screening” of a movie and riff it, 140 characters at a time. So we’re going to take a go at putting together our very own virtual film fest chock full of all the best badness we can stream for free on the internet.

Starting on Saturday, May 6th at 1pm and running for 24 hours until Sunday, May 7th at 1pm, Cinema Supercollider V-Fest will be screening movies and a variety of short subject video garbage on a special YouTube playlist. We’d love for you to join us for as much or as little as you feel like doing.

“But that’s a lot of movies to watch!” YES IT IS, it’s a challenge! But the beauty of V-Fest is that we’ll be posting a schedule of the films so you can join in or drop out as you see fit. Everything we watch will be free streaming on YouTube and the movies will all have official start times so that we can be watching the same stuff at the same time. Just hop on the internet and watch some regrettable cinematic achievements, and if you feel like it, fire up the Twitter machine and livetweet along with the rest of us. We’ll have breaks between the movies so you can get up and stretch, order GrubHub or whatnot, but Megan will also have various weird shorts, cartoons, video artifacts and other bizarre things that you can watch in between during the breaks.

The official schedule of movies will be posted on Monday, May 1st along with the links to the YouTube playlist and each individual movie at http://www.cinemasupercollider.com/cine ... er-v-fest/. Mark your calendars! Join us on our movie marathon! Who needs sleep when you have movies to watch?

Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

B-b-b-but my douchebag internet service provider, satellite provider Exede, limits me to only 19 MB of data per month. I cannot watch 24 hours of videos straight as it will eat up my allotment.

(Not your fault, just ranting about how former soviet republics like Latvia have better and more reliable unfettered internet access than people in the United States. Especially those who choose to live in rural quarters of the country.)

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Kenny

Solution:

1. Locate friend/family member/parole officer with fancy internet
2. Convince them that this is the best idea ever
3. Mooch off their sweet data plan
4. WIN

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

For those of us who aren't so enmeshed in The Cyber, I have to say that this sounds intimidating and challenging, yet kinda great that people are doing it. It's an impressively ambitious project.

Will be on call at the hospital that weekend - and I don't have a Twitter account or a Facebook page anyway, one reason I haven't paid any attention to the monthly "virtual screening" things - but hope someone has fun with this...

Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:53 pm
Destoroyah

We tried to do something like that here once where we had a monthly "free" movie on the internet and then all participants would post a review of it.

It lated for about three months with about 3 regular contributors.

I sincerely wish greater success to your effort!

Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:00 pm
Kenny

Our V-Fest lineup is now up with instructions on how to watch along and links to our playlist and films at http://www.cinemasupercollider.com/cinema-supercollider-v-fest/

We'll be watching:
TAMMY AND THE T-REX
A BUCKET OF BLOOD
ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
FUN IN BALLOONLAND
THUNDER IN PARADISE 2
THE ABOMINABLE DR. PHIBES
ROBOT HOLOCAUST
MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE
DOUBLE TROUBLE
THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS
FATTY DRIVES THE BUS
I ACCUSE MY PARENTS
SUPER SEAL
HOBGOBLINS
DOUBLE DOWN

Times and such can be found on the website. Hope to see some folks on the Twitters!

Mon May 01, 2017 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

That looks like a seriously punishing lineup.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Mon May 01, 2017 10:20 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Listening to the CS podcast episode about it did convince me that Tammy & The T-Rex needs to be viewed... but it'll have to be another time.

Sat May 06, 2017 11:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]