Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
2017: Requisite post-B-fest thread 
Godzilla

I really should give up on the dream of this board being a place to discuss B-fest. I mean, the hype thread got like three posts this year. Despite this being my first day off work since Fest weekend, I appear to be the first one on the board to acknowledge that this event has now occurred. Nonetheless, I like B-fest, and I enjoy discussions of B-fest.

I wrote up a summary of my own experience, in the usual place:
http://serbanj.livejournal.com/

Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:06 pm
Destoroyah

I'm actually considering doing a write-up for it as I actually managed to stay awake the whole time and it would seem a shame not to.

It was a fairly easy line-up, all things considered. When your choice for worst movie is between Bloodlust, which does at least pick up at the end, and the glorious train wreck that is Battlefield Earth, you know you got off pretty easy.

It was nice to see The Magic Sword on the big screen, and to finally get They Live scratched off The List.

All in all, I had a wonderful time, both before, during, and after the fest.

----------------------
Except for when I nearly wet myself upon seeing Jay and Josh from RLM.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:45 am
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I'm actually considering doing a write-up for it as I actually managed to stay awake the whole time and it would seem a shame not to.

It was a fairly easy line-up, all things considered. When your choice for worst movie is between Bloodlust, which does at least pick up at the end, and the glorious train wreck that is Battlefield Earth, you know you got off pretty easy.

It was nice to see The Magic Sword on the big screen, and to finally get They Live scratched off The List.

All in all, I had a wonderful time, both before, during, and after the fest.

----------------------
Except for when I nearly wet myself upon seeing Jay and Josh from RLM.

I earned a gold star when I yelled out "Three two three four, four two three AND!" from the Ishtar trailer while Chuck Barris was wandering around the desert in The Gong Show Movie and cracked those two guys up.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:57 am
Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:

Savor this moment of having stayed awake the whole time. If you're like most of us mortals, it;s a rare treat the can only intermittently be duplicated. Happened twice for me personally, but as age does its thing, the odds of it hhappening again get worse.

Yeah, I suppose it was an easier year than usual... Malibu Express hurt but it wasn't Blood Mania or anything. Benefit was actually feeling good and refreshed rather than depleted. I'd rank 2017 as pretty much smack in the middle amongst the various Fests I've been to, but I'm one of the rare people who devotes large amounts of brain cells to keeping track of what happened which year. (I'd open the floor to discussions of which were the best and worst they've been to, if I thought anyone was ever going to read this. But for my money, both 2013 and 2014 were really special years.)

Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:50 pm
Kenny

Hey people!

We did a recap of this year's B-Fest for our podcast, Cinema Supercollider, if folks are looking for such things. The B-Fest episode is here: http://www.cinemasupercollider.com/2017 ... fest-2017/
We're also on iTunes or Stitcher Radio if those are more your jam.

Also, you can always use our online spaces to talk about B-Fest or b-movies in general. We’ve got communities on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cinemasupercast) and Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities ... 3718605289) and welcome discussion and suggestions!

Megan
aka the chick that hawks that Greenlight game

Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]