Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Imperial Impertinence 
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Mr. Paradox wrote:
Now You See Me, either film:

Why are people constantly looking away from the known stage magicians?

I believe any stage magician worth his salt is supposed to be really good at misdirection, so the audience is looking anywhere but at the conjurer.

If that were the case it'd be fine, but it's not. I've seen at least two occasions in these films where people have the magicians dead to rights and/or at gunpoint and then, without their targets saying or doing anything, decide it's a great idea to look somewhere else.

Well, their cellphones probably buzzed in their pockets. First things first; there's a new tweet coming in from Tito Jackson right now!!!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Here's my damn impertinence. Is Shin Godzilla going to get an f-in' US blu-ray release?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Here's my damn impertinence. Is Shin Godzilla going to get an f-in' US blu-ray release?

It is, but Funimation hasn't made any announcement yet.

Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

That movie is going to be a bear to dub. As I remember, the dialogue goes by pretty fast.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:31 pm
Burning Godzilla

Snurt64 wrote:
Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

That movie is going to be a bear to dub. As I remember, the dialogue goes by pretty fast.

I'm almost to the point of just buying the Japanese version. But I don't think it has English subtitles.

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Snurt64 wrote:

I'm almost to the point of just buying the Japanese version. But I don't think it has English subtitles.

There's the HK DVD with English subtitles.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

Die Hard 2 Spoiler Alert!!!! The terrorists decide to crash a plane low on fuel. They choose the Windsor flight - "Tanks as dry as a martini"..."Flying on petrol fumes." If this plane had so little fuel why did it explode in such a huge fireball?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:55 am
Burning Godzilla

Snurt64 wrote:
Die Hard 2 Spoiler Alert!!!! The terrorists decide to crash a plane low on fuel. They choose the Windsor flight - "Tanks as dry as a martini"..."Flying on petrol fumes." If this plane had so little fuel why did it explode in such a huge fireball?

Or if William Atherton could reach his news station using the plane's passenger phone system why couldn't the airport towers use those same phones to contact the pilots?

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
Snurt64 wrote:

Or if William Atherton could reach his news station using the plane's passenger phone system why couldn't the airport towers use those same phones to contact the pilots?

Because Atherton was monopolizing the lines. When he was tazed, it disrupted the signal. So Bonnie Bedelia was really the author of her own misery.

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Movie Mike wrote:
Snurt64 wrote:

Wasn't there a brief mention of the tower contacting those planes that did have airphones? Of course, why didn't they contact Atherton's plane?

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 pm
Burning Godzilla

Snurt64 wrote:

Let me answer that impertinent question with another one. Aren't all manufacturers of airbus passenger planes required by international law to rig them to explode? I'm sure I read that requirement somewhere. It's like 3/4 of the way down the page, right under the paragraph that requires at least one of the engines to quit during every flight.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Just finished watching You Only Live Twice for the unknown-teenth time and noticed the Mie Hama character's name, Kissy, is never actually uttered in the film. She's not addressed or even referred to with the name Kissy. Or am I missing something?

Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:05 am
Burning Godzilla

I don't know about that specific example, but I have seen films where a character's name is never mentioned at all, but it appears in the credits. (As well as some cases where a character appears in the credits but not in the film at all.) I assume this is due to editing.

The character of Kissy Suzuki appears in the Ian Fleming novel, so I presume this is where the name in the credits comes from.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:45 pm
Burning Godzilla

Nobody ever calls the pretty young woman who came out of the back of Norma's truck in Dawn Of The Dead "Monica," either. Nobody ever calls her anything. And that movie isn't based on a book. So how did they know what name to put in the credits!?!?!?

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Nobody ever calls the pretty young woman who came out of the back of Norma's truck in Dawn Of The Dead "Monica," either. Nobody ever calls her anything. And that movie isn't based on a book. So how did they know what name to put in the credits!?!?!?

The script?

Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2