Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Rest in Peace, Dahling (Zsa Zsa Gabor 1917-2016) 
Burning Godzilla

The last of the Gabor sisters has passed on.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/zsa-zsa-ga ... 23890.html

(Sad to see how many people in the comment section mix her up with her sister Eva of Green Acres fame.)

Not only do I remember her in the delightfully silly Queen of Outer Space; not only do I delight in her name (born Sari, but really; is there a better first name than Zsa Zsa?); but also there was something about her self-aware mockery of her own gold-digging persona that was charming.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:23 am
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
The last of the Gabor sisters has passed on.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/zsa-zsa-ga ... 23890.html

(Sad to see how many people in the comment section mix her up with her sister Eva of Green Acres fame.)

Not only do I remember her in the delightfully silly Queen of Outer Space; not only do I delight in her name (born Sari, but really; is there a better first name than Zsa Zsa?); but also there was something about her self-aware mockery of her own gold-digging persona that was charming.

She is the blueprint that so many wannabe reality stars aspire too. But I think she knew enough to understand the essentially silly nature of celebrity and was able to be a self-parody without sacrificing her dignity or her endearing sense of humor.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Yeah, she and Charo were kind of the models for the art of being famous for being famous.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]