Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
clowned movie titles 
Burning Godzilla

SSW stuck a note on the wall reminding us to turn the heat down, only she wrote the word "down" so it looked like "clown". And this inspires me to wonder... what movie titles featuring the word "down" might be improved by writing them in SSW's handwriting?

For starters, there's Renee Zellweger's 2003 hit, Clown with Love. Then there's the recent work of the great Shia LaBeouf, which fittingly enough is called Man Clown. Then there's White House Clown from 2013, soon to be more relevant than ever.

Song and album titles can join the fun too. And band names, like System of a Clown. And novels that haven't been made into movies yet. Join in -- what are some good ones?

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Watership Clown -- Bunny rabbits in funny makeup.

Gray Lady Clown -- The moving story of a comedienne facing retirement.

Tie Me Up! Tie Me Clown! -- Kinky!

"Clowntown" -- Petula Clark's hit song about a city full of comics.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:48 pm
Burning Godzilla

Black Hawk Clown - A thrilling true story about a clown's attempt to survive after crashing his clowncopter in a war zone.

Clownton Abbey - The interactions of a circus's clowns and roustabouts on the verge of World War I.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm
Burning Godzilla

Clownfall- A crazed clown rants about the end of his dream while in his basement.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:38 pm
Burning Godzilla

Clown by Law - A business leader is found guilty of abuses against her employees and customers. A judge sentences her to be a clown for a year with the job of bringing joy to people rather than to herself. A Hallmark movie.

Falling Clown - A circus clown suffers an existential crisis and nervous breakdown as the public image of his profession goes from timeless comedian to scary creepy to potential serial killer. As he prepares to return to the Ringling Bros Clown College before the new season tour begins, his car breaks down and his journey on foot for the remainder of the way is filled with public encounters loaded with criminal accusations, unfriendly receptions from strangers, harsh warnings from parents to stay away from their children, and general mistrust bordering on malevolence. He reaches a point where he's had enough. He chooses to live to their low opinion and become the clown they deserve rather than the one they need.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

A 2013 film I never got around to seeing was Dead Man Clown -- I assume it was about the execution of John Wayne Gacy?

I'm about fed up with all the fuss and feathers about that rattling-teacups-and-squirting-boutonnieres series that I refuse to ever, ever watch, Clownton Abbey.

And what was up with that animated movie with all the lagomorphs in warpaint -- was it called Watership Clown? That was just weird.

Steve Seagal saves a secret, underground rodeo-clown training center from nuclear meltdown in Fire Clown Below.

Matt Damon stars in Clownsizing, a shameless rip-off of Patch Adams, about a man who realizes his life would be better if he wore a red rubber nose and slap shoes to work even though he sells life insurance.

Clownfall -- a re-enactment of the 2008 K2 climbing disaster, in which 11 people died in a single day. Jointly conceptualized, interpreted and filmed by the Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil and the San Francisco Mime Troupe.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Clown on Us: Conspiracy film detailing how the American government secretly murdered Bozo, Clarabell, and Emmett Kelly to keep their message of joy and fun from reaching too many of our citizens.

Harbinger Clown: A secret Soviet space experiment goes horribly wrong, exposing clowns to cosmic radiation and turning them into ravenous, shapeshifting monsters who attack a commercial fishing ship in the Arctic.

And let's not forget those great songs...

Alice in Chains, "Clown in a Hole." (Where they belong!)

Five Finger Death Punch, "Coming Clown." (Uuuhhhhhhhhhh....moving along!)

Jewel, "Clown So Long." (How nightmarish!)

Disturbed, "Clown with the Sickness." (Hopefully it's not contagious!)

----------------------------
All right, I'm done clowning around here.

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:07 am
Burning Godzilla

47 Meters Clown

Two sisters, trapped in an anti-shark cage at the bottom of the ocean with less than an hour's supply of oxygen, are stalked by a clown in a two-seater submarine painted to look like a shark.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
47 Meters Clown

Two sisters, trapped in an anti-shark cage at the bottom of the ocean with less than an hour's supply of oxygen, are stalked by a clown in a two-seater submarine painted to look like a shark.

...I would watch that.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:01 pm
Burning Godzilla

Quigley Clown Under -- Tom Selleck, starring as Wyoming sharpshooter Matt Quigley, bites off more than he can chew when he travels to Australia to lead the yearly Outback Round-Up and discovers that this year's quarry is a massive herd of roaming cannibal clowns. Aside from the danger of the hunt, Quigley is deeply troubled because he just graduated from Wyoming's only clown college. But they're paying him so much money to do this. And he thinks he's falling in love with Clara the Killer Clown. What will he do? Will he stay or will he go?

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Double Clown -- Neil Breen stars as a clown struggling with dual personalities as the city comes under attack by terrorists. The mayor says he's the only man for the job -- but the mayor has no idea that Ragdoll the Clown, savior of the city, is also Quiltface, the Exploding Pie Bomber masterminding the attack!

Last edited by Cliffie on Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Low Clown -- another Bob Goldthwait movie about another addicted clown. The lowdown on Low Clown who lives in Elephant Town, teetering on the razor's edge of OD'ing on the carfentanil stolen from his performance partner, an addicted pachyderm. Not intended for children.

Last edited by Cliffie on Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:43 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Rampage: President Clown -- A bizarre terrorist group sets about humiliating the leaders of every nation on earth, kidnapping them and displaying them in public dressed as clowns and posting viral YouTube videos listing their many failures. Interpol warns the White House that the American President is next in line!!

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Tumbleclown -- a young woman, unable to come to grips with the circumstances of her melancholy life, focuses instead on inventing a crazy new type of floor exercise that leads to her recruitment by the talent-hungry Cirque Du Soleil.

Igby Goes Clown -- a young man, unable to face becoming an adult, really does run off and join the circus. Hijinks ensue.

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

White House Clown --- Is far too easy.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next