Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Battle of the Bad Movie Science Synopses 
Burning Godzilla

Evangelion wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Could apply to any number of movies. The Blob 80s era remake: We made an unstoppable killing glop of meta-protoplasm because we thought it a plausible weapon to use against our enemies, even though said mass has no possible way of discerning between "enemies" and "allies" and is essentially an insatiable stomach.

That same kind of logic also makes me wonder why Weyland-Yutani is so hell-bent on using the Xenomorph as a weapon.

What kind of terrible space wars are happening, which are so bad that something like THAT is considered a viable option?

One reviewer suggested that you could capture a chestburster and implant a micro-explosive in its head, drop it into enemy territory, and when the damage is done, just detonate it.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Evangelion wrote:
That same kind of logic also makes me wonder why Weyland-Yutani is so hell-bent on using the Xenomorph as a weapon.

Why did the 'engineers' race use it that way? I always imagined they'd drop those thousands of eggs on an unsuspecting planet, then a few months later they'd have done their thing and the engineers would do whatever they do to reign them in - dispose of them - whatever.

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:17 pm
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
Evangelion wrote:

Why did the 'engineers' race use it that way? I always imagined they'd drop those thousands of eggs on an unsuspecting planet, then a few months later they'd have done their thing and the engineers would do whatever they do to reign them in - dispose of them - whatever.

Nuke it from space, I imagine. It's the only way to be sure....

Which is another thing... How could they be sure?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

We are hotshot Japanese scientific types. Not only can we grow a whole, functional being out of a sliver of the original specimen, but we can pass off the Asian daikaiju final result without commenting at all on what had to be some serious sample contamination. We have effectively grown a 100-foot pile of live sushi out of a sliver of Swiss steak!

-- Frankenstein Conquers The World

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Pure Chaos = being pursued by the things that make you guilty, seeking to even the score. (Event Horizon AND Solaris)

Should have commented earlier, but Event Horizon's "pure chaos" is pretty heavily implied - if not outright stated - to be Hell itself. Punishing you for your guilty deeds is kind of their MO.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:55 pm
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Pure Chaos = being pursued by the things that make you guilty, seeking to even the score. (Event Horizon AND Solaris)

Should have commented earlier, but Event Horizon's "pure chaos" is pretty heavily implied - if not outright stated - to be Hell itself. Punishing you for your guilty deeds is kind of their MO.

Precisely. Payback for your bad deeds is the opposite of Chaos. Doing what you want without fear of payback is a lot more chaotic.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Mr. Paradox wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Precisely. Payback for your bad deeds is the opposite of Chaos. Doing what you want without fear of payback is a lot more chaotic.

You missed my point completely. The evil in Event Horizon isn't "pure chaos" at all.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:37 pm
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
You missed my point completely. The evil in Event Horizon isn't "pure chaos" at all.

Well, Dr. Weir went to that realm personally, and he said it was a dimension of pure Chaos. That's what I'm drawing on here.

Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3