Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Baby Murder Film Question 
Burning Godzilla

A co-worker is asking about movies that feature a visual, graphic scene of a baby being dismembered. I couldn't think of one. She is trying to figure out whether someone she's working with saw something in a movie or actually experienced it.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I think THE FEAST 2: SLOPPY SECONDS has a scene.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

The VVITCH comes close, I think. It bears the baby into her hut and grabs a knife. Later we see it ground into a kind of pulp within a bowled out tree stump.

The Other has a scene that strongly suggests infant dismemberment, but it's still after the fact and only the top of its head is glimpsed.

Did the zombie baby in Dead Alive get finally dismembered?

It's Alive babies....I don't think any were killed on screen.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Did the zombie baby in Dead Alive get finally dismembered?

The last we see of it, the little bastard is trapped in the burning house and crying.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:46 pm
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
I think THE FEAST 2: SLOPPY SECONDS has a scene.

Here's a bad quality clip of that very scene on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJVb3ImCnY

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:11 pm
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
The VVITCH comes close, I think. It bears the baby into her hut and grabs a knife. Later we see it ground into a kind of pulp within a bowled out tree stump.

Is that The Witch? It looks like you're writing VVitch...I'm pretty sure the only dismembering in It's Alive was the baby taking someone else to pieces...

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

Is that The Witch? It looks like you're writing VVitch...I'm pretty sure the only dismembering in It's Alive was the baby taking someone else to pieces...

Yeah, but they spell it in the old double V style. VV.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:57 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Ooooohhhhhh. Never noticed. I'm in the middle of that flick right now -- it makes for a very discordant watch when I switch back and forth between VVitch and Zoolander -- so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:15 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

OK, so far nothing actually involves a baby chopped up on screen. That's what she's looking for.

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

She didn't happen to glance at The Beatles' infamous butcher cover, did she?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

In the uncut version of The Grim Reaper (aka Anthropophagus the Beast and a couple other things), the cannibalistic killer, upon slaughtering a pregnant woman, pulls out her fetus to munch on it. It's unlikely your coworker's patient saw that unless she was actively trying, since Anthropophagus isn't exactly in wide circulation, but it's the closest thing I can think of to a baby-dismemberment scene in a movie. If I remember correctly, it isn't a very convincing effect, and the fetus itself appears to be something like a skinned rabbit or guinea pig.

EDITED TO ADD: Oh, wait-- there's some baby and/or fetus dismemberment in the works of Andreas Schnaas, too, but that's an even longer shot. Some zombies eat a baby in Zombie '90: Extreme Pestilence, and I seem to recall one of the Violent 1upmushroom movies featuring a fetal extraction along with the usual violence against genitals.

And then there's Dumplings, available as both a feature in its own right and as a segment in the pan-Asian horror anthology, 3... Extremes. Lots of chopping, mincing, dicing, and julienning of fetuses in that one. Dumplings falls into a weird middle ground between explicit and non-explicit, though, if I'm remembering it right, because whenever you see the dismemberment, it's already so advanced that there's no visual indication that the cannibal witch is cutting up anything but meat with a peculiar consistency.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:

I just got through that film last week. Given how they staged that sequence, had they showed the dismemberment the film would have gotten an NC-17 fo' sho'.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]