Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
B-Fest 2017 dates set! 
Lawgiver

Hey kids, the news is out: B-Fest will be January 20th - 21st, 2017.

As always, the site is: http://b-fest.com, but you’ve already read the only new news to be had at the moment.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:49 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Was really hoping it would be 1/27-28, but what can you do?

First thing I did after waking up today was try to put together a list of potential schedule swaps with colleagues (despite my best efforts, got scheduled for a big block on service in late January). It might be a hard sell getting the Thursday off for the tiki'ing, but cautiously optimistic about Fest weekend itself.

ETA: Not working out as hoped, yet. Fest status very much up in the air for me, but missing it would make me very cross.

Last edited by Benjamin on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:40 pm
Burning Godzilla

Sadly, I'm done with B-Fests until future notice. Simply don't have the money anymore.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

Got my time off at work for B Fest; because it's the third week instead of the fourth I'm getting a ten day long weekend (we get Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off at work). Unfortunately the same scheduling quirk means that Brother Ragnarok is almost certainly not going to be able to attend, because that would mean skipping out on his son's birthday celebrations.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:17 pm
Godzilla

Benjamin wrote:
Was really hoping it would be 1/27-28, but what can you do?

First thing I did after waking up today was try to put together a list of potential schedule swaps with colleagues (despite my best efforts, got scheduled for a big block on service in late January). It might be a hard sell getting the Thursday off for the tiki'ing, but cautiously optimistic about Fest weekend itself.

ETA: Not working out as hoped, yet. Fest status very much up in the air for me, but missing it would make me very cross.

Wife and I are IN, beyotches

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:09 pm
Burning Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
Got my time off at work for B Fest; because it's the third week instead of the fourth I'm getting a ten day long weekend (we get Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day off at work). Unfortunately the same scheduling quirk means that Brother Ragnarok is almost certainly not going to be able to attend, because that would mean skipping out on his son's birthday celebrations.

Its time Phoenix was introduced to his father's B-Fest brethren.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I've reserved a hotel room at the Morton Grove Best Western from January 17 to 22. Hope to see a bunch of my friends there again.

Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:49 am
Burning Godzilla

...Got a reply to my sponsorship email. "We already have all the sponsors we can use" was the reply. No Truth or Dare?: A Critical Madness this year, I don't think.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:43 pm
Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
...Got a reply to my sponsorship email. "We already have all the sponsors we can use" was the reply. No Truth or Dare?: A Critical Madness this year, I don't think.

Yeah, got the same message last month (once I finally got the weekend off). Another year of passively allowing the film list to be dictated to us... but now I want to see that Truth Or Dare movie.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:24 am
Burning Godzilla

Well, I'm hoping to inflict it on some people before the Fest at one of the room parties. :)

Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 pm
Burning Godzilla

My brother and I will we there this January! I got my sponsorship request in early this year. Waiting to hear back on what they could secure the rights to. I'm excited by the possibility of any of my choices this year.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Lawgiver

The lineup is here!

http://eepurl.com/cxKAOj

Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

stomptokyo wrote:
The lineup is here!

http://eepurl.com/cxKAOj

Weird. I recognize most of those from previous 'Fests.

Though I regret not being there for the 3:30 AM. I can see it getting moved at some point so that it's not stuck in the "sleep movie" slot.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]