Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Gene Wilder Lost To Us 
Burning Godzilla

This year really bites butt.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

My mother asked me when he had died. My response was "Gene Wilder's dead?!?"

Damn it.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:25 pm
Destoroyah

Man, I loved him. We're really losing some great ones this year.

----------------------------
Rest well, and thank you for all the laughter.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:07 am
Minya

God how is Ozzy out living everyone

Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:23 am
Burning Godzilla

switchbladesteve wrote:
God how is Ozzy out living everyone

I have no idea how that works. Among my wife's four grandparents, the one who outlived them all was the only one with a drinking problem, a complicated list of health issues including lung cancer, and ate nothing his final two years of life but candy and Hawaiian Punch.

Another guy who used to be a farm hand for my father-in-law has survived being hit by speeding cars twice, is a happy and generally unrepentant alcoholic and chain smoker, rejects all vegetables from his diet except what goes on a hamburger, and five years ago fell from the third story of a house he was working on. He shattered ribs, punctured lungs, and died once. He's still living, walks around with a walker, and has so far outlived the rest of his family.

Finally, we had this guy who died when he was 97 years old. I know he never lived what anyone could call a healthy "lifestyle." My grandfather recalls the time when he walked 25 miles from his home to town with a .22 bullet hole in his lower abdomen. He couldn't get the common thread in his home to go through the needle, so he decided to let the hospital sew him up. He was just gonna leave the bullet in there. I mean, what's it gonna hurt, right? He also tried to save dental expenses by trying to fill a tooth cavity with his own melted lead!\

They're the ones who live. Go figure.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It's enough to make you believe that the old saw from the trenches of the Great War is correct. It's got nothing to do with who you are or how you behave; one day your number comes up and you die, and not before.

In my own line of work everyone has a list of names of people who sincerely tried to kill themselves over and over -- one on my list tried to off herself 25x -- and finally died of something else.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]