Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
The Drive-In Super Monster-Rama at Riverside Drive-In 
Burning Godzilla

The Drive-In Super Monster-Rama

Friday, Sept. 9 - Saturday, Sept. 10

Friday: Horror of the Zombies; Night of the Howling Beast; House of Psychotic Women; Curse of the Devil

Saturday: House of Dark Shadows; Night of Dark Shadows; The House the Dripped Blood; The Bat People

A little over a month away now. Who's thinking about going?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
The Drive-In Super Monster-Rama

Friday, Sept. 9 - Saturday, Sept. 10

Friday: Horror of the Zombies; Night of the Howling Beast; House of Psychotic Women; Curse of the Devil

Saturday: House of Dark Shadows; Night of Dark Shadows; The House the Dripped Blood; The Bat People

A little over a month away now. Who's thinking about going?

I've been saving money for two months and also have the time off work. I got a text from 3BeerMan that said unfortunately he and Captain Wow (Chad and Mike, to those who only know their real-life names) almost certainly won't be able to make it. I believe Osco Sean will be there (possibly car pooling with me) and I think K.O. Rob will probably make it down for at least one day again.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:06 pm
Burning Godzilla

Juniper and I are determined not to miss this one. I mean, just look at all that Paul Naschy!

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hmmm. So Friday is Sleaze Night, and Saturday is Family Friendly Night?

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:59 pm
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Juniper and I are determined not to miss this one. I mean, just look at all that Paul Naschy!

As far as I know I've never seen a Paul Naschy movie. I also haven't seen the anthology they're showing on the second night, so I'm really looking forward to that. (I have seen The Bat People, and in some instances showing that movie to people constitutes a war crime.)

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Hmmm. So Friday is Sleaze Night, and Saturday is Family Friendly Night?

Now that you mention it, yeah, more or less. I don't recall previous bills sorting themselves that way. Also, this is by far the least British Drive-In Super Monster-Rama since 2010, when TelstarMan, Osco Sean, and I started attending. Or at any rate, it's the least British fall program; the April Ghouls Monster-Rama tends to be both more US-centric and more hardcore than the one in September.

Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Got my room booked and that Friday off, so I'll be there for both nights! I'm actually staying closer to Monroeville this time out, so I'll definitely be up for a meal at the Rivertowne Pour House at some point that weekend.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Speaking of drice-in movie theaters, here's something about a drive-in in Colorado that you guys might find interesting:

http://www.hollywoodintoto.com/88-drive ... -kochevar/

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

BIG RANDOM UPDATE:

Osco Sean doesn't know if he'll make it or not. My friend Eric might be coming with me again to split a hotel room, get out of Michigan for a weekend and check out stuff in Pittsburgh. I've never been to the Zombie Museum at its new location. The Nebraska Contingent has a plan to rent or borrow an RV and do the overnight camping thing at the drive-in.

Oh, and I'm hoping that one of the three thrift stores in Monroeville and / or Vandergrift has a suitably awful suit jacket or tie that I can take back to Ann Arbor and hand to someone at B Fest before the tiki bar.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:05 am
Burning Godzilla

I am for a meal at the Pour House, then relaxing at the drive-in, getting in a hard afternoon nap so I can stay awake through all the first three features, at least. I'll be bringing the tent and the black Tardis, though I hope not to have to break it out.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

All systems are still go for Friday and Saturday at the drive-in. Looking to pull in to Monroeville by 3 or 4pm. Let me know if anyone's heading to the Roadhouse or any other dinner spot. First rounds on me!

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
All systems are still go for Friday and Saturday at the drive-in. Looking to pull in to Monroeville by 3 or 4pm. Let me know if anyone's heading to the Roadhouse or any other dinner spot. First rounds on me!

I'm going to try and get everyone at the ROAD HOUSE! by five-thirty PM on Friday night, but you know the best laid plans of mice, men and the BMMB when we're all coming from different places at different times. I'll try to update you if things go differently.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:24 am
Burning Godzilla

I'm having an inward debate between an Ohio State Park camping spot and just pushing through to the Drive-In and setting up @ 1 am Friday morning.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:48 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I should be able to make the ROADHOUSE! by 5:30, no problem, but like you said, keep me posted, Tim.

Will they let you set up at 1am Friday at the drive-in, Josh?

Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
I should be able to make the ROADHOUSE! by 5:30, no problem, but like you said, keep me posted, Tim.

Will they let you set up at 1am Friday at the drive-in, Josh?

I don't think it will be that great of an issue. Chances are that most folks would be asleep by the time I arrive. I'm sure there's folks who arrive on the grounds the day before or in the early morning on Friday. At least I hope...Otherwise, I'll be finding out just how comfortable a Kia Soul is to sleep in.

Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next