Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
DOMAIN NAME IS FRITZED 
Burning Godzilla

Whomever is administering the badmoviezone.com domain had apparently better attend to this. When browsed, it currently displays this message:

Quote:
Server Migration Underway
This forum is in the process of being migrated to another server. You'll know when the migration is complete once this message goes away and you can view the forum again.

If you have a custom domain (ex: yourdomain.com) - you MUST update your A-RECORD to 67.23.238.28

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

This is still not fixed.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:27 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Where are you seeing this, SSM? I saw it while on vacation last week, but currently I am driving to this page with no difficulty.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The bmmb.prophpbb.com url works fine, but the badmoviezone.com url does not redirect to it. Instead there's this message (and a cartoon by "Fritz") saying "you MUST update your A-RECORD to 67.23.238.28". It may be that only Tim now has the access to do that.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm not in charge of anything.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
I'm not in charge of anything.

"Damn it Tim, we gave you one job!"

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Tim, wasn't it you who Chris & Scott handed over the administrative duties to?

Somebody here got handed the keys to the ProPHPBB account, right?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:28 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Tim, wasn't it you who Chris & Scott handed over the administrative duties to?

Somebody here got handed the keys to the ProPHPBB account, right?

They talked about it, but I never got anything except partial admin powers, which I have never used.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:14 am
Burning Godzilla

Great. So unless we drag Chris or Scott back, nobody has any way to fix this.

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Godzilla

So it appears that this forum's decline is continuing? If so, that's a shame since forums in general seem to be in a state of decline for reasons I don't understand.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:17 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
So it appears that this forum's decline is continuing? If so, that's a shame since forums in general seem to be in a state of decline for reasons I don't understand.

I have noticed this, too. I think people would rather do Facebook or other things that don't interest me.

I hang out at the SFFChronicles forum, because it still seems to be very active. Whether that has anything to do with the fact that it's British based, I don't know.

https://www.sffchronicles.com/

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:58 pm
Profile YIM
Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Fornax wrote:

I have noticed this, too. I think people would rather do Facebook or other things that don't interest me.

I hang out at the SFFChronicles forum, because it still seems to be very active. Whether that has anything to do with the fact that it's British based, I don't know.

https://www.sffchronicles.com/

I don't understand the appeal of Facebook or Twitter for that matter either.
Another development I don't understand is why directories such as Yahoo! are going by the wayside. Those things are pretty handy in finding websites of interest.

OTOH, the SFFChronicles forum looks pretty interesting, something like Baen's bar at http://bar.baen.com/ Thanks for pointing it out.

Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Lawgiver

Hey all.

This domain name problem has been fixed according to the previously mentioned instructions and if those instructions are correct the DNS change should make its way across the internet within 24 hours, 48 at the most.

At this point Tim/Telstarman has the admin keys here on the prophpbb.com site and I still own the domain name. My contact info is below should you need to reach me. I’m available in emergencies but I check in here infrequently, usually when B-Fest is imminent.

As for the board’s slow decay, I can only point to the fact that with Stomp Tokyo and its associated sites fading into the past, there is no way for new people to find the site. If you’d like to see it return to its previous levels of activity, you have to commit to evangelizing the site one way or another. It’s your board. To misquote Smokey, only you can bring in new blood.

To get in touch with me try one of the following:

@mention me on Twitter: @stomptokyo

email me at chris@stomptokyo.com and put BMMB in the subject line

If we’re friends on Facebook, message me there.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It works! Thanks for fixing that, and getting Tim set up.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Aw man, I thought everything was fine, but not quite: http://badmoviezone.com works, but now http://www.badmoviezone.com doesn't. At least from here.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]