Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Grab(oid) Bag(gins) 
Burning Godzilla

Yumi Shirakawa, the lovely Japanese actress who had lead roles in Rodan, Secret of the Telegian, The Mysterians and H-Man, has died at age 79.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Olivia de Havilland turns 100!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:56 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Robin Hardy, diretor of The Wicker Man, has passed away.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Print found of a very important lost film -- Turkish Star Wars!

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Richard Norton, the Kahn's minister / heavy from Gymkata, was the fight choreographer for Suicide Squad. I can only hope Killer Croc finds a pommel horse in the middle of Gotham City and starts his floor routine.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:57 pm
Burning Godzilla

For a fighter with a long powerful tail, a pommel horse could be quite an advantage. I hope the movie doesn't neglect this facet of crocodilian combat.

Wait, does Killer Croc have a tail?

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
For a fighter with a long powerful tail, a pommel horse could be quite an advantage. I hope the movie doesn't neglect this facet of crocodilian combat.

Wait, does Killer Croc have a tail?

Nope. But supposedly we get to see him do a death roll at some point, which probably means someone's getting dragged into a body of water by him over the course of the film.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:16 pm
Burning Godzilla

Personally, I'm hoping we see him throw a rock.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:26 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

This very second I am watching the James Bond film You Only Live Twice and as the opening credits roll I just caught something I hadn't before:

"Screenplay by Roald Dahl"

I suppose his original title was 'James and the Giant Peach?'

According to Google he also wrote the screenplays for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, his own Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and one I'd never heard of called The Night Digger. But YOLT seems so far out of his wheelhouse that I'm amazed he got the chance.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:33 am
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
This very second I am watching the James Bond film You Only Live Twice and as the opening credits roll I just caught something I hadn't before:

"Screenplay by Roald Dahl"

I suppose his original title was 'James and the Giant Peach?'

According to Google he also wrote the screenplays for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, his own Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and one I'd never heard of called The Night Digger. But YOLT seems so far out of his wheelhouse that I'm amazed he got the chance.

His script for Willy Wonka was rejected for making every character into an fuzzyduckling. Even Charlie. And Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was also an Ian Fleming novel. Apparently the two were friends.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:51 am
Burning Godzilla

I was listening to the Slaughter Film Podcast and in their most recente episode, they reviewed a movie from this year made by the notorious Bill Zebub, who made Kill the Scream Queen. It's called Dickshark and the movie apparently runs 150 minutes, with a 200-minute extended version available as well. The reviewer said it was about an hour and fifty minutes of the director fondling naked women in slow motion while death metal songs played out from start to finish. There was only about 40 minutes of actual plot.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
I was listening to the Slaughter Film Podcast and in their most recente episode, they reviewed a movie from this year made by the notorious Bill Zebub, who made Kill the Scream Queen. It's called Dickshark and the movie apparently runs 150 minutes, with a 200-minute extended version available as well. The reviewer said it was about an hour and fifty minutes of the director fondling naked women in slow motion while death metal songs played out from start to finish. There was only about 40 minutes of actual plot.

I've seen Kill The Scream Queen. It's one of the most revolting things I've ever seen, and I do some incredibly dark s***.

It's the only time I've ever wanted to douse myself in bleach after watching something.

Anything that man makes is a blight on humanity. Just to give you an idea, one of his other films is called Rape is a Circle.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:07 pm
Burning Godzilla

I was thinking about how Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead is so much better than anything he's directed recently. Then 300 was on TV the other day, and I had the same thought. And a theory popped into my head.

So today I looked at his chronological list of major motion pictures to test my theory, and it ***almost*** works. That being, everything he directs is worse than the last thing he directed. For that to work, the following has to be true:

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is better than 300 (2006) is better than Watchmen (2009) is better than Owls of Gahoole (2010) is better than Sucker Punch (2011) is better than Man of Steel (2013) is better than BvS: Dawn of Justice (2016).

I don't think you can argue Sucker Punch is better than MoS or BvS. Maybe you can lump them all together.

Applying Rotten Tomatoes ratings give you this order:

Dawn of the Dead (75%) is better than Watchmen (65%) is better than 300 (60%) is better than Man of Steel (55%) is better than Owls of Gahoole (50%) is better than BvS: Dawn of Justice (27%) is better than Sucker Punch (23%).

I think a lot of critics would want a redo on MoS...

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:43 pm
Burning Godzilla

Shyamalan followed a similar curve, with even fewer deviations than Snyder, until his last couple of films started to climb back up again.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Shyamalan followed a similar curve, with even fewer deviations than Snyder, until his last couple of films started to climb back up again.

Saw the trailer tonight for the next Shyamalan film and it looks crazy and disturbing.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next