Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Park Trailers HERE 
Burning Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
Kong: Skull Island gets a trailer that explains a bit more plot and characterization. Still no sign of John Goodman and Samuel L. Jackson screaming at each other at the top of their lungs, though.

Enjoy.

So we have Kong, what appears to be a giant cape buffalo, a giant spider, the Skullcrawlers (which look like lizards wearing skulls--is that one of them at 2:13?)...I'm glad we're not going with traditional dinosaurs this time around, and that Legendary is trying to make its own memorable monsters.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Godzilla

Trailer for American Fable.

Got a theatrical release last week, but American Fable's been floating around since last year's SXSW Festival, where it drew good reviews and favorable comparisons to del Toro.

The DVD Hoard

"See, magic ain't got nothing to do with organs and glands and busted necks. Magic got to do with the soul, man. Only the soul's got destiny. It got wiiings, it can fly, that's magic. The body? The body's just got a few minutes down here in the dirt with the rest of us."--Brother Blue, er, Merlin, Knightriders

Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 am
Burning Godzilla

Twilight of the gods, gladiatorial arenas and Led Zep? It must be Thor: Ragnarok!

Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:44 pm
Burning Godzilla

I agree with Dr. Freex. Yet another movie studio is beating Marvel-Disney to the punch. This time, Focus Features is giving us the Black Widow movie Marvel-Disney has, thus far, failed to produce. Its R-rated again and stars Charlize Theron. And there is a scene that better sizzle as hot in the feature film as it does in the trailer. Red Band trailer for Atomic Blonde

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Okay, I have not heard much about this movie, but it looks like a terrific comedy. Free Fire with Cillian Murphy, Armie Hammer, and Brie Larson.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

A couple of fake trailers for films that never existed:

https://vimeo.com/103430842

https://vimeo.com/90229944

I particularly like the second one.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri May 19, 2017 12:49 am
Burning Godzilla

Shin Godzilla coming to U.S. on Blu-ray August 1!

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Fri May 19, 2017 2:44 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
A couple of fake trailers for films that never existed:

https://vimeo.com/103430842

https://vimeo.com/90229944

I particularly like the second one.

I did too.

"A hundred years ago, our ancestors made a pact with Darkness!"

Fri May 19, 2017 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Two new trailers...

First the straight to DVD Cult of Chucky, the follow up to Don Mancini's well done and successful Curse of Chucky from a few years ago. This seems to be capturing the same sinister mood of the last film, and I really like that we're going to get to see more of the adult Andy, played by original actor Alex Vincent. (He just had an after-credit cameo in the last film, but from the synopsis, it sounds like he's going to have a big role here.) Looking forward to this, but I really wish Universal would let Mancini do theatrical work and budgets again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clf5gvF ... ture=share

Second, the trailer to the new Jumanji with Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart and Jack Black. This looks...pointless. The trailer starts out looking like the new Power Rangers movie, with some troubled kids in detention. While cleaning the school's basement, they find an old Playstation One somehow (remember, this is a Sony movie), with a Jumanji video game. Somehow, they are warped into the game itself, and become their avatars. The special effects and CG animals don't look much better than the 95 film with Robin Williams, and despite my admiration for Johnson and Black, they don't seem to be given much to do here that's funny. I am not pleased.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK0x6OF2_E

"By Milk Kitchen (is no dead)" - The last thing one sees while watching "Sawai Miyuu's You".

"Home is definitely where the heart is. Along with some spleen. And a little chunk of liver in the hall." Tagline for Silent Hill 4: The Room

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:43 pm
Burning Godzilla

The trailers I saw at the movies tonight:

Woody Woodpecker - This looks positively awful. It's like the filmmakers learned nothing from Garfield and Yogi. The most notable part was the lead actress, Thaila Ayala, is Brazilian. That's kind of appropriate, considering that Woody Woodpecker still plays in sindication on a major TV network here, where I'm assuming it has drifted into obscurity in the States?

Cars 3 - In the first film, Mater was a supporting character. In the second, he was essentially the main character. In the trailer for the third film, he's nowhere to be seen. Was there a backlash? Are they trying to appeal to those who saw the first one as a kid and now wouldn't be amused by his antics? What's up?

Detetives do Prédio Azul: O Filme - This is a Brazilian TV series, whose title translates as The Blue Building Detectives. The trailer only looks interesting to the kiddies who really love the show.

Lino: O Filme - It would seem this is the first completely Brazilian CGI cartoon, as opposed to the Rio and Ice Age films, which were Hollywood films, but had Brazilian talent in high places behind the camera.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:

Woody Woodpecker - This looks positively awful. It's like the filmmakers learned nothing from Garfield and Yogi. The most notable part was the lead actress, Thaila Ayala, is Brazilian. That's kind of appropriate, considering that Woody Woodpecker still plays in sindication on a major TV network here, where I'm assuming it has drifted into obscurity in the States?.

So, it's a movie about Woody torturing innocent people? Yeah, I hope the fact that the Woody license has been dormant in the U.S. for quite a while now means we will never have to see this over here, or it will come straight to DVD.

"By Milk Kitchen (is no dead)" - The last thing one sees while watching "Sawai Miyuu's You".

"Home is definitely where the heart is. Along with some spleen. And a little chunk of liver in the hall." Tagline for Silent Hill 4: The Room

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm
Burning Godzilla

keiichi wrote:
Hman wrote:

Woody Woodpecker - This looks positively awful. It's like the filmmakers learned nothing from Garfield and Yogi. The most notable part was the lead actress, Thaila Ayala, is Brazilian. That's kind of appropriate, considering that Woody Woodpecker still plays in sindication on a major TV network here, where I'm assuming it has drifted into obscurity in the States?.

So, it's a movie about Woody torturing innocent people? Yeah, I hope the fact that the Woody license has been dormant in the U.S. for quite a while now means we will never have to see this over here, or it will come straight to DVD.

The US missed out on that Top Cat movie from 2015, so it's doubtful this one will bother us.

Hman wrote:
Cars 3 - In the first film, Mater was a supporting character. In the second, he was essentially the main character. In the trailer for the third film, he's nowhere to be seen. Was there a backlash? Are they trying to appeal to those who saw the first one as a kid and now wouldn't be amused by his antics? What's up?

He's in the commercials, so he's in the film, but I wouldn't be surprised if his part was reduced. Larry the Cable Guy no longer has any selling power.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:30 pm
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
Hman wrote:

Hman wrote:

He's in the commercials, so he's in the film, but I wouldn't be surprised if his part was reduced. Larry the Cable Guy no longer has any selling power.

Yes, Mater is in the movie for only about 7 minutes tops.

By the way, I looked up that Woody Woodpecker movie, and found out that the director of the film has a mountain of crap under his belt (most straight to DVD) including Chairman of the Board (the Carrot Top movie), Inspector Gadget 2, Dr. Dolittle: Million Dollar Mutts, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2, Tooth Fairy 2, and Jingle All the Way 2.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:56 pm
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
Woody Woodpecker - This looks positively awful. It's like the filmmakers learned nothing from Garfield and Yogi. The most notable part was the lead actress, Thaila Ayala, is Brazilian. That's kind of appropriate, considering that Woody Woodpecker still plays in sindication on a major TV network here, where I'm assuming it has drifted into obscurity in the States?

From the director of Inspector Gadget 2, Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2, Tooth Fairy 2 and Jingle All the Way 2? What kind of mindset could release such a film? The answer must clearly be Lucifer himself and this is his opening salvo of despair. The End Times are here my friends.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:21 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next