Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Park Trailers HERE 
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
El Santo wrote:

I was talking about this on Facebook with some former BMMB regulars, and one of them remarked that it looked like the makers of Skull Island had decided to run with the Heart of Darkness references in Peter Jackson's King Kong all the way to "Apocalypse Now with a giant ape."

As far as remake plots go, I suppose it's a little more timeless than "there's an oil crisis going on and we need more petroleum." Did you think the image at the 49-second mark was a giant spider?

It took me a while to make up my mind about that, but yeah, I do. My first impression was that it was some kind of bamboo cage being dropped on the characters by the natives, but if you look just to the right of the junction of the converging struts, there's a dark blob that strongly suggests an arthropod abdomen. And to the left of the junction are some moving things that could be pedipalps, although I'm less convinced of that-- they might just be branches shifting in the canopy. Finally, if you look really closely, one of the struts moves in a way that seems more consistent with a huge animal lifting its leg than it does with a bamboo pole settling after hitting the ground end-on.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

While we're at Comic Con, here's the trailer for the new JLA movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:54 pm
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
While we're at Comic Con, here's the trailer for the new JLA movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIHH5-HVS9o

Could someone at DC/Warner Brothers PLEASE approve a color palette for their superhero line. And maybe alter their light source just a little to illuminate faces. Even Rembrandt lets his light source land on people's features where they emerge from the shadows.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I notice that the Wonder Woman trailer shows some actual red and blue and gold. Quite a contrast to what was established in Dawn of Justice.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:29 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The second Red Band trailer for "Sausage Party" (NSFW).

This movie already looked stupid and nonsensical before, but now it makes absolutely no sense. Still not answering the question "Given living creatures have no biological choice but to eat, what the hell are they going to do?".

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:25 pm
Godzilla

Can hardly even remember the trailers I saw in front of Trek yesterday

Hell or High Water: looks like a male Thelma and Louise
Suicide Squad: trying too hard
Jason Bourne: actually not bad until the ending "this white guy so hard he just ko'd a black guy" joke
Assassin's Creed: wtf. Sterile dystopian set up somehow segues to "Welcome to the Spanish Inquisishun!" Couldn't somebody, anybody, have talked em outta this one?
Jack Reacher: Actually kinda okay, but what exactly is Cruise trying to accomplish here? Wouldn't all that time and effort be better spent on an Edge of Tomorrow sequel?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Trailer for Rings, Hollywood's attempt to resurrect the Ring franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uukQ_6szDm8

Looks pretty generic. Not surprising it's been shuffled around to various release dates during the past year or two. The fact that they're pushing it out only days Halloween (and a week before Doctor Strange) means that the studio has zero confidence in it.

"By Milk Kitchen (is no dead)" - The last thing one sees while watching "Sawai Miyuu's You".

"Home is definitely where the heart is. Along with some spleen. And a little chunk of liver in the hall." Tagline for Silent Hill 4: The Room

Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

keiichi wrote:

Looks pretty generic. Not surprising it's been shuffled around to various release dates during the past year or two. The fact that they're pushing it out only days Halloween (and a week before Doctor Strange) means that the studio has zero confidence in it.

I'm more looking forward to The Ring vs The Grudge

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Wait, is that a real movie or a joke trailer?

[edit] Apparently both -- a joke that became a real movie.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Last edited by supersonic man on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

keiichi wrote:

Looks pretty generic.

The original Ringu was a slow-burning masterpiece of mounting dread. For weeks afterward I felt chills down my spine every time the phone rang. This trailer makes me hate Hollywood.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Funimation's American trailer for Shin Godzilla.

I've got mixed reaction to using the traditional Godzilla theme.

I think this last trailer from Japan did it better: Godzilla Resurgence

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The next M Night Shyamalan movie - Split. It's like "Law and Order: SVU" meets Sybil...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84TouqfIsiI

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:18 pm
Burning Godzilla

Jordan Peele of the comedy team Key and Peele, has made a horror film, and...It looks surprisingly decent.

His film is Get Out, and it kind of has a vibe of The Stepford Wives, only dealing with race relations. It deals with a young black man going to visit his white girlfriend's family, and there's obviously something not quite right about the black people in the neighborhood.

I'm kind of intrigued, and hope it turns out good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ

"By Milk Kitchen (is no dead)" - The last thing one sees while watching "Sawai Miyuu's You".

"Home is definitely where the heart is. Along with some spleen. And a little chunk of liver in the hall." Tagline for Silent Hill 4: The Room

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:27 am
Burning Godzilla

We have a first trailer for the new Power Rangers movie, and it looks like a really weird mix of The Breakfast Club and Chronicle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-C4qqsgs8w

Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:22 pm
Burning Godzilla

Kong: Skull Island gets a trailer that explains a bit more plot and characterization. Still no sign of John Goodman and Samuel L. Jackson screaming at each other at the top of their lungs, though.

Enjoy.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next