Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Park Trailers HERE 
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Hman wrote:
The long tail has already generated a lot of controversy over the G fans.

Why on Earth...? I mean, they serve up a Godzilla made of rancid beef, with the head of a deep-sea fish and useless little Kaiser Wilhelm gimp-arms, and people want to bitch about tail proportions?!

I can agree on the complaining about the arms, but I like the idea of the deep sea fish head. I mean, the Heisei head had some feline features to it, and a lot of people point out the bear-like features to the Legendary Goji's head, so a deep sea fish head is at least an interesting take on it.

Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Oh, I'm not objecting (well, maybe I object to the arms just a little bit...)-- it's just that for people who do want to object to the off-model suit design, it seems like there's a really long list of things to draw your attention before even beginning to consider the tail.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:19 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Oh, I'm not objecting (well, maybe I object to the arms just a little bit...)-- it's just that for people who do want to object to the off-model suit design, it seems like there's a really long list of things to draw your attention before even beginning to consider the tail.

G fans are a bizarre, angry lot. Weird, unexpected details can easily take them out of a movie (I personally have never understood why the sound effect of Godzilla's breath in Godzilla and Mothra: Battle for the Earth has been a point of contention among fans). I think that's why I keep my participation on the Godzilla message boards fairly limited.

Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:24 am
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

Does any one know if this is getting a US release?

Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:30 pm
Burning Godzilla

Snurt64 wrote:
Does any one know if this is getting a US release?

It has been picked up for US distribution by New World Cinemas, although according to the IMDB, it will be just a DVD release. Their filmography isn't very big (or impressive):

1.Simply Sandra (2017) ... Distributor (2017) (worldwide) (all media) (Pre-Production), Distributor (2017) (worldwide) (all media)
2.Shin Gojira (2016) ... Distributor (2017) (USA) (DVD)
3.Red Cloud: Premonition (2016) ... Distributor (2014) (worldwide) (all media)
4.Fratelli di Sangue (2015) ... Distributor (2015) (worldwide) (theatrical)
5.The Rat (2015) ... Distributor (2017) (worldwide) (all media) (In Development)
6.Quando si muore... si muore! (2014) ... Distributor (2015) (worldwide) (TV)
7.Burning Calcutta (2014) ... Distributor (2014) (USA) (all media)
8.Boonie Bears, to the Rescue! (2014) ... Distributor (2015) (USA) (DVD)
9.The Safe Room (2013) ... Distributor (2014) (worldwide) (all media)
10.Red Cloud: Deliverance (2013) ... Distributor (2014) (worldwide) (all media)
11.Greencard Warriors (2013) ... Distributor (2014) (USA) (theatrical)
12.Grand Deception (2012) ... Distributor (2013) (USA) (theatrical)
13.Song for a Landscape of Dreams (2010) ... Distributor (2013) (USA) (all media)

Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Folks, this is for real:

Sadako vs Kayako

Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:15 am
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
Folks, this is for real:

Sadako vs Kayako

I now know what it's like to feel simultaneously irritated, disappointed, intrigued, and, against every fiber of my will, VERY excited. I fully expect to be disappointed, yet oddly hopeful, as I wait in line the day it opens with every one else who I suspect will feel exactly the same way. Can it be played for anything but horror/comedy?

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Charnelhouse wrote:
Folks, this is for real:

Sadako vs Kayako

I now know what it's like to feel simultaneously irritated, disappointed, intrigued, and, against every fiber of my will, VERY excited. I fully expect to be disappointed, yet oddly hopeful, as I wait in line the day it opens with every one else who I suspect will feel exactly the same way. Can it be played for anything but horror/comedy?

It's Creepy-Long-Haired-Girls-that-move-like-Claymation-palooza!
SHE'S BEHIND YOU! SHE'S IN FRONT OF YOU! SHE'S IN THE CLOSET! SHE'S HIDING BEHIND THAT STOP SIGN! SHE'S IN YOUR PANTS! ok...ok... just catch your breath for a second... it's lunchtime... just sit on this bench, enjoy your burrito for a moment and just rela..SHE'S IN THE BURRITO!!!

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:45 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

KO Rob wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Charnelhouse wrote:
Folks, this is for real:

Sadako vs Kayako

It's Creepy-Long-Haired-Girls-that-move-like-Claymation-palooza!
SHE'S BEHIND YOU! SHE'S IN FRONT OF YOU! SHE'S IN THE CLOSET! SHE'S HIDING BEHIND THAT STOP SIGN! SHE'S IN YOUR PANTS! ok...ok... just catch your breath for a second... it's lunchtime... just sit on this bench, enjoy your burrito for a moment and just rela..SHE'S IN THE BURRITO!!!

That's why I love J-horror. I have this old television collection of J-horror shorts and the one that most creepified me was called "Crevices." This guy is in an apartment covered completely in orange duct tape. He takes it all off and suddenly there is the evil giggle and this gnarled, evil hand grabs at you in the crevice between furniture or the open space near the door hinges. Barely open drawers invited the evil hand. The space between your plate and a sandwich, presumably, is a place to be snatched away.

It hung me up one night.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Though I've never been a fan of either franchises (or J-horror in general) I have to give that trailer props for just embracing the absurdity of the concept. I mean, there are two instances of people getting pincer attacked by the those ghost ladies in that one trailer!

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:15 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

A second Godzilla trailer has been released.

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Man...he looks REALLY rigid in a lot of those shots. I know it's a back to rubber-suit thing, but his little arms are always raised up at 10 and 2, it kind of kills the terror.

The last 15 seconds of that trailer though? Great.

Edit: Oh hey, Funimation just licensed it for US release. Coming to theaters later this year.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:56 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Comic Com trailer for the new King Kong movie, which is part of the Godzilla Universe.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I was talking about this on Facebook with some former BMMB regulars, and one of them remarked that it looked like the makers of Skull Island had decided to run with the Heart of Darkness references in Peter Jackson's King Kong all the way to "Apocalypse Now with a giant ape."

Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:

I was talking about this on Facebook with some former BMMB regulars, and one of them remarked that it looked like the makers of Skull Island had decided to run with the Heart of Darkness references in Peter Jackson's King Kong all the way to "Apocalypse Now with a giant ape."

As far as remake plots go, I suppose it's a little more timeless than "there's an oil crisis going on and we need more petroleum." Did you think the image at the 49-second mark was a giant spider?

Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next