Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Force Awakens Flame War Spectacular!... just kidding... 
Burning Godzilla

I actually thought the EP7 destruction was more effective, even though like you said we get some reaction through Leia, this time we actually get to see actual people on the planet right before it was hit, combined with an effectively creepy score, and some rather harrowing visuals (The light reflecting off Kylo Ren's visor, the laser splitting into multiple beams to signify that this time several planets will die). It just worked, for me man, it just did!

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:16 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Maybe a lone space drifter profits off of dueling Hut clans in a remote town in Tattooine a la Yojimbo.

Given that you're proposing they profit off obese muppets, shouldn't it be "a la The Warrior and the Sorceress"?

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:26 am
Burning Godzilla

MegaLemur wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Maybe a lone space drifter profits off of dueling Hut clans in a remote town in Tattooine a la Yojimbo.

Given that you're proposing they profit off obese muppets, shouldn't it be "a la The Warrior and the Sorceress"?

I fear aiming that high would doom me to Sony Searchlight status. Or the Weinstein Company.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I finally watched the movie today, my first movie of 2017. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm no fan of Star Wars as a whole, and I enjoy the prequels as action films, so my opinions are rather suspect. But I liked the characters, especially Finn's devotion to Rey. The actions sequences were exciting and the final shot almost had me with tears in my eyes (I dunno why, but oh well). I didn't care for the whole Star-Killer Base thingie, although the sequence of the population of the planet watching death rain over them was very effective. All the women in the room sat with mouth agape when the Big Tragic Death Scene occurs at the end. I was glad to see Finn at least get one good hit on Kylo Ren before the torch was passed to Rey at the climax. I assume she held her own as well as she did because she already knew how to fight with a pole?

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

After re-reading this thread, I am confident in saying that I hold by my feeling that the 'off-year" Star Wars movies will be better than the actual "Episodes" series of movies. I will use TFA vs, Rogue One as my evidence. Thank you judge, I rest my case.

Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3