Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Bizarre Even by Chicago Standards 
Godzilla

From the Better Government Association and printed in the December 14, 2015 Chicago Sun-Times:

The state’s attorney’s office, headed by Anita Alvarez, refused to explain what happened or answer any questions about the case.

Court records, however, indicate that the prosecutor, Assistant State’s Attorney Ashley Moore, intervened as defense attorneys were trying to gather records from the two women who made the accusations against Kennedy as well as other students. Moore stated she would get the information from the students instead so they wouldn’t be bothered by the defense before final exams.

But Moore apparently forgot to try and collect certain cell phone records until months later, after it was too late, records show.

Kennedy’s defense attorneys had wanted copies of text messages exchanged between one of the accusers and her friend, but the friend got a new phone before the prosecutor told her it needed to be saved, according to court records.

“Your Honor, honestly I think it slipped my mind for a few months,” Moore said, according to the transcripts. “I think what happened was I was expecting her to call me and she didn’t. And then I got busy with other things unfortunately.”

Judge Thaddeus L. Wilson called the lapse “disturbing” and said he was “very concerned about the lack of due diligence on the part of the State,” court documents show.

Kennedy’s attorney Michael Schmiege then filed a motion to dismiss the case, claiming that without the evidence from the phone, the defendant’s rights to due process and a fair trial had been violated.

“The government was aware the Defendant was seeking this particular evidence and knowingly failed to gather or preserve these materials despite ample opportunity to do so. As a result, the information sought in the subpoenas was deleted and is now permanently destroyed,” the motion reads.

A plea agreement was subsequently reached in which the felony charges were dropped, and Kennedy agreed to plead guilty to misdemeanor battery.

Its one thing for someone to forget something important for a few hours or even a few days, but a few months? And what kind of supervision did this big shot have? Given the fact that this creep pleaded guilty anyways, makes you wonder just how long it will be before he commits another act of criminal perversion.

Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:55 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
From the Better Government Association and printed in the December 14, 2015 Chicago Sun-Times:

The state’s attorney’s office, headed by Anita Alvarez, refused to explain what happened or answer any questions about the case.

Court records, however, indicate that the prosecutor, Assistant State’s Attorney Ashley Moore, intervened as defense attorneys were trying to gather records from the two women who made the accusations against Kennedy as well as other students. Moore stated she would get the information from the students instead so they wouldn’t be bothered by the defense before final exams.

But Moore apparently forgot to try and collect certain cell phone records until months later, after it was too late, records show.

Kennedy’s defense attorneys had wanted copies of text messages exchanged between one of the accusers and her friend, but the friend got a new phone before the prosecutor told her it needed to be saved, according to court records.

“Your Honor, honestly I think it slipped my mind for a few months,” Moore said, according to the transcripts. “I think what happened was I was expecting her to call me and she didn’t. And then I got busy with other things unfortunately.”

Judge Thaddeus L. Wilson called the lapse “disturbing” and said he was “very concerned about the lack of due diligence on the part of the State,” court documents show.

Kennedy’s attorney Michael Schmiege then filed a motion to dismiss the case, claiming that without the evidence from the phone, the defendant’s rights to due process and a fair trial had been violated.

“The government was aware the Defendant was seeking this particular evidence and knowingly failed to gather or preserve these materials despite ample opportunity to do so. As a result, the information sought in the subpoenas was deleted and is now permanently destroyed,” the motion reads.

A plea agreement was subsequently reached in which the felony charges were dropped, and Kennedy agreed to plead guilty to misdemeanor battery.

Its one thing for someone to forget something important for a few hours or even a few days, but a few months? And what kind of supervision did this big shot have? Given the fact that this creep pleaded guilty anyways, makes you wonder just how long it will be before he commits another act of criminal perversion.

Back up a second. What case is this referring to???

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Forgot to post the link:

http://www.bettergov.org/news/did-alvar ... -rape-case

Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]