Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Something, Something, Something..... Random 
Site Admin

It is! And I hope things are going well for you (and everyone). :)

Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Marlowe wrote:
I'm partly posting this to say hi, partly because I honestly don't remember what my signature is.

Edit: Huh! Well, at least the user pic is still dead on. Hello, everyone!

I don't mean this in any sort of insulting way, but I never noticed you were gone.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:10 pm
Burning Godzilla

Welcome back Marlowe!

Mr. Paradox wrote:
I had a dream last night where I was locked in a swordfight with Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry (who I kept calling Beowulf for some reason).

By far the most interesting dream I've had in ages.

A possible, roundabout explanation is that Nelo Angelo is actually Virgil, and "Beowulf" is the name of an actual boss/weapon Virgil wields in DMC3

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:20 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Evangelion wrote:
Welcome back Marlowe!

Mr. Paradox wrote:
I had a dream last night where I was locked in a swordfight with Nelo Angelo from Devil May Cry (who I kept calling Beowulf for some reason).

A possible, roundabout explanation is that Nelo Angelo is actually Virgil, and "Beowulf" is the name of an actual boss/weapon Virgil wields in DMC3

I considered that when I woke up, but then realized that 1) Nelo Angelo wasn't using Beowulf in the fight and 2) I haven't played the third game in ages, so why did the name come up?

Then again the fight was in a supermarket, so that's the least of my worries.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:10 pm
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
Evangelion wrote:
Welcome back Marlowe!

Mr. Paradox wrote:

I considered that when I woke up, but then realized that 1) Nelo Angelo wasn't using Beowulf in the fight and 2) I haven't played the third game in ages, so why did the name come up?

Then again the fight was in a supermarket, so that's the least of my worries.

Sword fight in the supermarket
I'm not sure how this dream came to me
But Beowulf is really Nelo Angelo
Quite the split personality....

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
ProfessorMortis wrote:
Hello everyone...thought I'd drop in....and I realize...I joined this board 15 years ago? Wow.

You joined this board before you were married and had a kid, Mort. And already your one post has generated three box within a box responses. You're amazing.

2 kids BJ, 2 kids! Yeah, my life certainly is entirely different from when I joined. I joined when I was marooned at my parents house after dropping out of Classics grad school. I've gotten an MLS, married, had kids, etc. etc.

Good to be back a bit and see some of my favorites are still here. Can't say I'll be by all the time but I'll try to check in more often.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

ProfessorMortis wrote:
Good to be back a bit and see some of my favorites are still here. Can't say I'll be by all the time but I'll try to check in more often.

You will be disappointed to learn that during your down time here, I still have not watched Black Belt Jones.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

SSW's elderly sister just got out of the hospital last week, and now she's had to go back in. :cry:

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Best wishes in this difficult time.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:18 am
Burning Godzilla

I'm really sorry to hear about that, SSM. Hope and your wife can give comfort, and take it as well.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

She's been up there for the last two nights, sticking around the hospital to help and advocate. The sister had surgery today, which fortunately went quick and easy and almost certainly resolved the issue.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Very glad to hear that, SSM.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
El Santo wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
The IT department I work in uses alphabetic code names for coming releases of its software, and they like to go through the alphabet with names on a common theme. When I arrived they were doing fruits and vegetables, and after Zucchini they switched to a theme of fast cars (Alfa Romeo, Bugatti, Corvette, and so on) and then they went through cities. Now that we're coming up on Xian, York, and Zurich, it's time for a new theme.

I just found out what the new theme is going to be. Ant-Man, Batman, Catwoman, Daredevil...

I have no idea who picks the names or whether they're interested in any input. I'm almost tempted to just start a pool to guess what names will come out later in the alphabet.

I feel confident in predicting that "F" will not be Flaming Carrot. But I'd be thrilled if it was.

I got asked for a suggestion for "E". I immediately suggested Etrigan the Demon, and was immediately shot down.

They're starting a new theme, and they didn't even finish the superheroes and villains. Instead of following Thor with Ultron and Vision, or Union Jack and Vampirella, they're starting a new series: Aerosmith, Beatles, Chicago, Devo...

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
ProfessorMortis wrote:

You will be disappointed to learn that during your down time here, I still have not watched Black Belt Jones.

That's it, I'm checking back out right now.

"You know somewhere a Hollywood exec is going, "I've got a great idea for a remake, we'll take Night of the Living Dead only instead of the the living dead it'll be zombies! Zombies are so it right now!"" - Juniper.

"Conclusion: Mort should be dead right now. Or Mort is the living dead. Or the inspiration for the Bruce Willis character in Unbreakable."-BJ

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14