Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Something, Something, Something..... Random 
Burning Godzilla

May you always remember her.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:18 pm
Burning Godzilla

Superso ic nature corner: elephant seals!

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Great photos. I particularly like the one looking directly at the camera.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:09 pm
Burning Godzilla

Hey! Google is using the logo on its homepage to celebrate what would have been my namesake's 99th birthday today!

Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

coolest google doodle of the year

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'd really appreciate it if Facebook would stop suggesting my ex to me as someone I ought to be friends with.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
I'd really appreciate it if Facebook would stop suggesting my ex to me as someone I ought to be friends with.

HAH!! It's all part of the healing process, Santo..... It's proof that Facebook, quite apart from being a personally intrusive non-thinking, non-sentient computer program that cast serious doubts on the philosophy behind free speech for everyone, actually cares about you emotionally.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

There is an X on the suggestion panel.

I've gradually gotten Facebook to stop suggesting that I befriend camwhores who one guy I went to elementary school with happens to like.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:

You haven't lived until Facebook shows you pictures from your ex's wedding - you know, the wedding in which she married the guy she left you to be with. Good times.

Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:12 am
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
There is an X on the suggestion panel.

I've gradually gotten Facebook to stop suggesting that I befriend camwhores who one guy I went to elementary school with happens to like.

There's a lady who went to college with me here whose children I used to teach English to. I got along well with her husband and ended up adding him to my Facebook friend list as well. At some point, I noticed that the lady friend never posted pictures of her and her husband together, or even just Family pictures for that matter. I then went onto the husband's page and took a look at his list of friends. About half of the people on his friend list were young, scantily-clad women with Eastern European-sounding names. I took that as a sign that the two weren't together anymore.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Do you think that The Asylum will produce a belated sequel to King of the Lost World to capitalize on the release of Kong: Skull Island?

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I suspect that Nate Silver is about to get his comeuppance as a star election prognosticator.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I suspect that Nate Silver is about to get his comeuppance as a star election prognosticator.

How so? From what I can see his prediction is just that Clinton is more likely to win than Trump, but he's certainly not saying it's a sure thing.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 pm
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

How so? From what I can see his prediction is just that Clinton is more likely to win than Trump, but he's certainly not saying it's a sure thing.

I think he's going to end up at least 2% off on multiple states -- enough to swing the outcome in some cases.

Of course, if he turns out to be right, it'll be all his rivals who get comeuppanced, as they're all disagreeing with him in the same direction.

Edit: Here is a comparison of a range of different prognosticators. I ranked them by the electoral vote count which falls in the middle of their toss-up range, and Nate Silver is indeed the one leaning furthest toward Trump, 19 electoral votes off the average, which is 317 to 221.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:39 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

I think he's going to end up at least 2% off on multiple states -- enough to swing the outcome in some cases.

But the argument he's been hammering on to explain why he sees this election as so much less sure a thing for Clinton than everyone else is precisely that he thinks the polls are likely to be off by up to 3% in either direction this year, due to a variety of factors introducing uncertainty.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next