Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Decline of this Forum 
Author Message
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:21 am
Posts: 6168
Location: In the orbit of Baltimore, Maryland
Cliffie wrote:
I don't know what became of Icry...

I imagine that figuring out how to be a woman after 30-odd years of life as a man eats up a lot of mental bandwidth, too.

_________________
Now at 1000 Misspent Hours and Counting-- The Belko Experiment, Get Out, Kong: Skull Island, and a whole lot more!


Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Especially between her stand up and mounting irritation at certain acts of the Texas legislature.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
I don't know what became of Icry...

I imagine that figuring out how to be a woman after 30-odd years of life as a man eats up a lot of mental bandwidth, too.


Sounds like I missed some major episodes in that story arc. That's totally news to me.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Cliffie wrote:
El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
I don't know what became of Icry...

I imagine that figuring out how to be a woman after 30-odd years of life as a man eats up a lot of mental bandwidth, too.


Sounds like I missed some major episodes in that story arc. That's totally news to me.


If you frequent Facebook at all, she goes by Carina Magyar these days, but is still quite the stand up comedian in Austin, Texas.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2001 10:49 pm
Posts: 5350
Location: Portland, ME
The BMMB is still banned by Google, if anyone is curious.


Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
Welcome back. Stick around. Missed your erudition and wit.

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 6571
Location: California's #2 tourist destination
We need to pass the ability to make technical fixes to someone who's active.

_________________
"This is a Star Trek that pretends to have balls, but continues to prove that those balls are actually rubber prophylactics pretending to be balls." -- Bj

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s


Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
I don't think it's anything more than just a listing. When I click on it, it takes me here. Perhaps someone disgruntled about being banned has taken steps to see that this is the first listing on a BMMB search.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:17 pm
Posts: 2768
Location: Baltimore, MD
Marlowe wrote:
The BMMB is still banned by Google, if anyone is curious.


Not exactly. It's the first result that comes up if you search for 'B Movie Message Board.'

https://www.google.com/search?q=b+movie+message+board&oq=b+movie+message+board&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64l3.2900j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

What's strange is this - "You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your username."

This must be some bizarre artifact of the way Google indexes a members-only forum. The Prophbb people could probably explain it better, and maybe offer a fix.

https://support.prophpbb.com/

One way around this would be to create a standard index-able webpage called 'The B Movie Message Board' and use an iframe to embed the message board in the page. That way you'd get the best of both worlds.

_________________
Charnelhouse


Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 6571
Location: California's #2 tourist destination
Let's try to just un-ban the googlebot before indulging in hackery. That could allow it to, for instance, return pages about particular topics that people are searching for. Hopefully that's just a matter of calling phpbb support. I don't know whose job that would be... maybe we should define a chain of responsibility for who's supposed to do this sort of thing.

_________________
"This is a Star Trek that pretends to have balls, but continues to prove that those balls are actually rubber prophylactics pretending to be balls." -- Bj

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s


Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:17 pm
Posts: 2768
Location: Baltimore, MD
supersonic man wrote:
Let's try to just un-ban the googlebot before indulging in hackery. That could allow it to, for instance, return pages about particular topics that people are searching for. Hopefully that's just a matter of calling phpbb support. I don't know whose job that would be... maybe we should define a chain of responsibility for who's supposed to do this sort of thing.


Whoever has admin rights to the message board could engage support. Maybe anyone could through that forum. I'd be willing to try.

EDITED TO ADD - I went ahead and posted a help request, we'll see what happens.

_________________
Charnelhouse


Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:34 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:17 pm
Posts: 2768
Location: Baltimore, MD
Charnelhouse wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
Let's try to just un-ban the googlebot before indulging in hackery. That could allow it to, for instance, return pages about particular topics that people are searching for. Hopefully that's just a matter of calling phpbb support. I don't know whose job that would be... maybe we should define a chain of responsibility for who's supposed to do this sort of thing.


Whoever has admin rights to the message board could engage support. Maybe anyone could through that forum. I'd be willing to try.

EDITED TO ADD - I went ahead and posted a help request, we'll see what happens.


The admin on the support forum thinks we've somehow banned the Googlebot. I would need to talk to whichever of us has access to the 'banning' function in the board script to see if that's the issue.

_________________
Charnelhouse


Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:15 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
The Google [bot] has been unbanned. Apparently, any change like that doesn't immediately result in a finding that says its been permanently banned.
However, Bing doesn't result in that message. Yahoo just doesn't find us.
What other search engines are there?

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:17 pm
Posts: 2768
Location: Baltimore, MD
Bergerjacques wrote:
The Google [bot] has been unbanned. Apparently, any change like that doesn't immediately result in a finding that says its been permanently banned.


I submitted the site to Google to get re-indexed so we'll see what happens.

EDITED TO ADD: That did it, it's fixed and re-indexed!

https://www.google.com/search?sclient=psy-ab&q=b+movie+message+board&oq=b+movie+message+board&gs_l=serp.12...0.0.0.4107433.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1..64.psy-ab..0.0.0.JQrxMZNwSR0&pbx=1&biw=1366&bih=638&cad=cbv&bvch=u&sei=-RtIWYnuJIu1-QHI55vYCA

_________________
Charnelhouse


Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:41 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Movie Mike and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy