Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
The Decline of this Forum 
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Heh. The Prophpbb people responded. Somewhere along the way, this board must have "banned" the Google 'bot, which he thinks may account for the message.

I have mixed feelings.

Guess what: Gloogle is still (or again) showing "You have been banned" under the search listing.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:37 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Here's another problem with this forum: Its almost impossible to search previous posts. For instance, when trying to find out if anyone here had previously done a review of P2, I got the following result:

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: p2.

Needless to say, the idea that "P2" is a word, let alone a common one, is just absurd.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:42 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Apparently there's some configuration issue with PHPBB searches which makes it so the cache of known words has to be periodically flushed, or something. There's also some kind of parameter which adjusts how sensitive it is to common words, or so I vaguely understand.

Meanwhile, I have added a BMMB link to the nav area of capejeer.com so it will show on all reviews, and anyone who has a semi-popular review site should do likewise. Since nobody else has, I think I'll go ahead and make a "like"able Farcebook page for the board.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

If you are on Facebook, hit the following page with a Like, and maybe post content in it, such as linking to reviews you write here. If anyone is interested in helping maintain the page, I will start granting access so it can be a community effort that doesn't depend on me.

The page: https://www.facebook.com/The-Bad-Movie-Message-Board-144311249283413/

Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:56 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Yee ha - the page is being liked by some names of legend, like Amelia Mangan and even Freeman Williams.

Now who wants to be a backup admin?

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Yee ha - the page is being liked by some names of legend, like Amelia Mangan and even Freeman Williams.

Now who wants to be a backup admin?

I'd be willing.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fyi to anyone interested: apparently I have to friend you first before I can grant rights.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Fyi to anyone interested: apparently I have to friend you first before I can grant rights.

And even if you do friend them, it might not work. I tried for years to give my drummer's old girlfriend admin powers on my band's Facebook page (seeing as she was basically our de facto booking and promotional agent for a while), but the system refused to recognize that she was on my friends list.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm never surprised by stuff on Facebook that has random bugs and unpredictable behavior. From what I've heard, the programming culture there is, like, trying to recapture the magic of college hacking, so they encourage impulsiveness, late night overwork, and primitive tools.

It took me several tries to make Mike an admin. It helps if you're on a desktop computer and not a phone. (SSW has taken to hogging my desktop.)

Apparently it's also possible without friending if you have their email address, as known to farcebook.

Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Looking up this forum, I got this result on Google:

Board index - ProphpBB
bmmb.prophpbb.com/
You have been permanently banned from this board. Please contact the Board Administrator for more information. A ban has been issued on your username.

Ever since I made the initial posting here over a year ago, at least 3 members who commented on this thread have since stopped looking this place up: El Santo, Icrywolf & Preacher Quint. Meanwhile, we have not picked any new long-term members. It would appear that this forum is in a state of decline until this problem can get fixed.

What's really strange though is that I was under the impression that this problem was fixed.

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It was, I think, at one time. I don't know the details of what caused that Google issue...

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:24 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Movie Mike wrote:
Today this isn't so much a forum as it is a place that old friends hang out. I'm cool with that.

Hey.

What? I was taking a nap. Naps are good, really good when the dream television is on....

The DVD Hoard

"See, magic ain't got nothing to do with organs and glands and busted necks. Magic got to do with the soul, man. Only the soul's got destiny. It got wiiings, it can fly, that's magic. The body? The body's just got a few minutes down here in the dirt with the rest of us."--Brother Blue, er, Merlin, Knightriders

Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:48 am
Burning Godzilla

billydaking wrote:
Movie Mike wrote:
Today this isn't so much a forum as it is a place that old friends hang out. I'm cool with that.

Hey.

What? I was taking a nap. Naps are good, really good when the dream television is on....

I've been tip toeing around Billy crashing on the couch. You can be a grump every year or so when you wake up and post.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:16 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
Ever since I made the initial posting here over a year ago, at least 3 members who commented on this thread have since stopped looking this place up: El Santo, Icrywolf & Preacher Quint.

Nah, I'm still here. I've just been too busy FREAKING THE MONKEYWRENCH OUT over current events these past few months to have much mental bandwidth available for chatting about B-movies.

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

But you must admit, Santo, that current world conditions are not unlike a B-movie brought to life.

I don't know what became of Icry, but I have the impression that Preacher Q graduated from college and had to log off and get a life. :cry:

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next