Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Lindsay Lohan Goes Nuts 
Godzilla

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... crazy.html

Would you believe that she's running for president?

Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:20 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

She probably figures she has a shot if Ben Carson and Donald Trump can make a serious run at it. Heck, she probably speaks for a large swath of the American people -- loose cannons, criminal recidivists and girls who don't want you to hate them because they're beautiful all spring to mind as potential voting blocs. Someone needs to speak for these people!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Lohan claimed that she was running for president, but has yet to be seen in either Iowa or New Hampshire. Too bad, she could have injected some (unintentional) humor in what has been a generally dull political season.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
Lohan claimed that she was running for president, but has yet to be seen in either Iowa or New Hampshire. Too bad, she could have injected some (unintentional) humor in what has been a generally dull political season.

Hmmm. Not going to argue anybody's political opinions here, but with colorful characters like Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Sanders around, I'd hardly call it "dull."

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:01 am
Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Fornax wrote:

Hmmm. Not going to argue anybody's political opinions here, but with colorful characters like Trump, Cruz, Carson, and Sanders around, I'd hardly call it "dull."

The reason why they are so interesting is because they are unscripted candidates aka candidates who don't have consultants, focus groups or pollsters who tell them what to say to the point where they come across as being robots. I can remember the 1980 presidential primaries in both parties where just about every candidate was unscripted. Things have really declined since then to the point where just having a few unscripted candidates who speak what's really on their minds can make things seem a lot more interesting.

However, given the fact that the polls indicate that most of the vote is going to scripted candidates in the aggregate means that the most likely scenario is for both parties to wind up with robots for candidates, just like every presidential election has been starting in 1988.

Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:55 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I don't think that even without a script, Barry Obama could never come up with some of the lunacy coming out of the candidates' mouths. Maybe not even W could, the man who brought you Bill and Ted's Bogus Presidency.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
I don't think that even without a script, Barry Obama could never come up with some of the lunacy coming out of the candidates' mouths. Maybe not even W could, the man who brought you Bill and Ted's Bogus Presidency.

Are you aware that there are some politically correct types who believe that calling Barack Obama "Barry" is racist? That Barry is a white person's name while Barack is African? Good thing you aren't in a higher education setting anymore or else you'd really be in trouble.

Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:35 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Are you aware that there are some politically correct types who believe that calling Barack Obama "Barry" is racist? That Barry is a white person's name while Barack is African? Good thing you aren't in a higher education setting anymore or else you'd really be in trouble.

I have been known to deliberately start arguments like that, for instance by calling the POTUS "Barry" (a name he cheerfully used himself for many years, BTW). It gives me an opportunity to get everyone in the room screaming at each other. I happen to love doing that.

Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fun fact: on democraticunderground.com, it has been ruled officially a violation of their terms of use to call the president Barry, even though that's what his mom called him. Apparently it was too consistently correlated with partisan disrespect from the Other Side, though I must have missed seeing that ever happen myself.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Fun fact: on democraticunderground.com, it has been ruled officially a violation of their terms of use to call the president Barry, even though that's what his mom called him. Apparently it was too consistently correlated with partisan disrespect from the Other Side, though I must have missed seeing that ever happen myself.

Or it could be that when they hear the name "Barry," the first person they think of is Barry Goldwater.

Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Gee, if there is a contingent overreacting to Barry Obama, then they'd probably have no tolerance at all for "Brobama."

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Gee, if there is a contingent overreacting to Barry Obama, then they'd probably have no tolerance at all for "Brobama."

But it probably no longer matters, since we're now all "feeling the Bern."

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I'm a big fan of the nickname "$hillary". I give that some props for being interesting and different.

I also like JEB?

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:55 pm
Burning Godzilla

Easy E wrote:
I'm a big fan of the nickname "$hillary". I give that some props for being interesting and different.

I never heard that one before. I love it.

Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:53 pm
Profile WWW
Godzilla

There's also Shrillary.

As well as this wonderful website:

http://iwilllookintoit.com/

Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next