Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
New Gamera movie trailer 
Destoroyah

I'm surprised no one else posted this already...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqwfWqehgYU

I'm a little sad about the monsters being all CGI, but otherwise....HOLY 1-UPMUSHROOM I WANT THIS NOW.

I don't know if that's an official carry-on from the '90s trilogy (for one thing, Gamera's got all his limbs), but it's close enough for me.

-------------------------
Reports that I squealed during my first viewing are unsubstantiated.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:36 am
Burning Godzilla

"This trailer is no longer available." :|

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Trailer is available here

It's gonna be a great five years to be a kaiju fan.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Yeah, that's a pretty boss trailer. And it looks as if the Kenny factor might be agreeably low in this picture.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It's just a proof of concept, not a trailer for an actual movie that's in production. Kadokawa is trying to test the waters and see if there's still interest in Gamera. Considering their site crashed the day they released the trailer, I'd say they got their affirmative answer. I really hope they use that weird creature with the implosion beam weapon. It's nice to see kaiju with nutty superpowers are still something we could get in a sci fi market that seems obsessed with grounding things in realism.

"You, contact the ship! You, rock and roll! I'll go fight some villains and make their blood come out with this!"
-- Phoenix, addressing me and Izzy, dressed in his Iron Man costume wielding an Egyptian dagger bought on Halloween clearance

"1.) Step-Dad stole mummies from the KKK."
-- The first in a list of reasons why HKC's life is crazy

"Bukkake ahoy!"
-- Marlowe

I have some movies.

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Brother Ragnarok wrote:
It's just a proof of concept, not a trailer for an actual movie that's in production. Kadokawa is trying to test the waters and see if there's still interest in Gamera. Considering their site crashed the day they released the trailer, I'd say they got their affirmative answer. I really hope they use that weird creature with the implosion beam weapon. It's nice to see kaiju with nutty superpowers are still something we could get in a sci fi market that seems obsessed with grounding things in realism.

Man, that's disappointing because I loved, loved, loved that trailer. So MUCH BETTER than anything I've seen from a Godzilla.

Please at least tell me that the trailer for a new Ultra Man movie is real and not a concept proof.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I don't know about better than anything from any Godzilla, but that Gamera trailer was pretty amazing. The Ultraman one was also just a teaser. Tsuburaya intends to do a series and/or movie based on that concept for 2016, but as far as I know it's not a sure thing yet, and considering the rights clusterpug they've got going with Sompote Sands over distribution outside of Japan, it could be a good long time before it's easily available over here.
August Ragone's blog The Good, the Bad, and the Godzilla is one of the best places to get news on this stuff.

"You, contact the ship! You, rock and roll! I'll go fight some villains and make their blood come out with this!"
-- Phoenix, addressing me and Izzy, dressed in his Iron Man costume wielding an Egyptian dagger bought on Halloween clearance

"1.) Step-Dad stole mummies from the KKK."
-- The first in a list of reasons why HKC's life is crazy

"Bukkake ahoy!"
-- Marlowe

I have some movies.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:42 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]