Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Kaiju In Your Personal Network 
Burning Godzilla

I'm just wondering how many people you know who remind you of daikaiju. I have a few, of course. The kid across the street from me growing up looked so much like Minya that we called him by that name. He originally took offense, then revealed to our delight that he could also act and sound JUST like the son of Godzilla. I haven't seen him in years -- I wonder if he can still make the smoke-ring sound?

My own grandfather was very much like Minya's old man. They walk the same -- this is the Haruo Nakajima walk, with the swaying stride and the skyscraper-flattening tail sweep -- probably because of Grampa's wooden leg. He also had this exact expression at all times, even when he was smiling at you.

Even his voice was pretty close.

I keep hoping to meet someone like Guiron, but it hasn't happened yet...

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Well. That's an odd question, to be sure.

The closest example I can think about might be way, way back in pharmacy school in the late 1970's. Apparently there was (and may still be, as far as I know) no pharmacy school in Hawaii, so there were many Hawaiians at the pharmacy school in Los Angeles. There were a number of young Hawaiian women of Asian ancestry who sat together in class. For cultural reasons, I suppose, they giggled a lot. I have to admit that these charming young ladies put me in mind of the twins who followed Mothra around.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm
Burning Godzilla

Ah-ha! So that's where their 'magic' comes from! :lol:

Anyone else? A grade-school teacher who sounded just like Rodan when she talked? A recess-yard bully who fought like King Seesar?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:44 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

When I was in the eighth grade, there was a girl who had a crush on me who, I now realize, bore a tragic resemblance to the Giant Claw. Same hair, same teeth, same amount of physical and social grace. Her affections were not requited.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:13 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It dawns on me that my brother's first-grade teacher bore a remarkable resemblance to this guy, right down to the odd, stiff carriage and inability to turn her head. Oh, and she COULD laser beam your head off just by opening her mouth...

Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm starting to suspect that Gabarah is using the cubicle next to mine. Maybe it's time to move...

Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]