Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Mystery Kaiju 
Burning Godzilla

Does anyone know where this fabboo creature came from? He's a new one on me. What movie? What name? What the funk are heads doing growing out where his arms should be?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

The relatively cheap quality of the suit had me immediately thinking of the tokusatsu television series "Spectreman." Sure enough, this is Mitsuzu-Ryu, which popped up in episodes 32 and 33.

Amusingly, it actually has little droopy T-rex arms. They just hang there since the actor inside is using his arms to control the other two heads...except for a few times where he swings his body around to make it look like he's hitting Spectreman with them. It's as fabulous as you might imagine.

You may not want to watch the last half of episode 33, though; I think you'll be very sad about what happens to Mitsuzu-Ryu.

-------------------------
And that's the name of that kaiju.

Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 am
Burning Godzilla

Is it like what happened to Gwangi? :|

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:43 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

No....think more what happens to Henrietta in Evil Dead 2. Since you seem fond of this beastie, I thought I should prepare you.

Myself, I'm curious to see if this was an anomaly, or if Spectreman will end up being more of a psychopath than Ultraman sometimes was. Gotta love "heroes" dismembering and mutilating their monster opponents on what is obstensibly a kid's program.

---------------------------
Oh Japan, you so crazy.

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:13 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Gotta love "heroes" dismembering and mutilating their monster opponents on what is obstensibly a kid's program.

Hell, "Voltron" was practically "Longitudinal Monster Bisection: The Series."

Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

El Santo wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Gotta love "heroes" dismembering and mutilating their monster opponents on what is obstensibly a kid's program.

This is true from what I've seen, though admittedly my "Voltron" exposure is very minimal. Hell, outside of "The New Adventures of Gigantor," "Macross," and two or three Gundam series, I'm really not as versed on giant robot cartoons as one might assume given my predilection for giant critters in general. I've never seen any Mazinger series, for example.

------------------------
Although I don't have time now even if I wanted to...

Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 pm
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:

Perfectly summed up in this OFFICIAL promo for Media Blasters uncut release of Voltron

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:46 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]