Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
WILLARD, the Original One 
Burning Godzilla

I finally wore out my elderly VHS tape of this fine film -- the one with Bruce Davidson, Ernest Borgnine and Elsa Lanchester -- and was thrown to discover that I can only find it on DVD if I send for it in whatever disc format they use in Italy. Has it not been released in the good old US of A on a region 1 DVD?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:33 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Here's a place that offers Willard and Ben on VHS-to-DVD-R transfer. Apparently it's a very basic DVD, so you take what you can get.

http://www.raredvds.biz/Willard_and_Ben ... rd_ben.htm

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:51 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

So basically, the answer is "no". :evil: I'll have to think about buying the disc. But thanks for telling me about the site!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I decided to err on the side of the law and sent for a new, shrinkwrapped videotape. It will fit fine in the big white clamshell case, with Ben glowering on the front, that the other tape came in...

Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Scream Factory is going to release Willard and Ben on DVD and blu ray some time Soon(TM); they just announced that they acquired those titles and eleven others that you probably aren't as interested in at Comic Con.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:03 am
Burning Godzilla

Excellent news! Except now I have the Jackson Five's immortal love song "Ben" playing in my head...

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]