Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Godzilla game coming to PS3/4 July 14! 
Burning Godzilla

Trailer!

Looks good to me! Looks like a Godzilla game. Going to try and get it tomorrow.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:00 pm
Profile YIM
Destoroyah

Well, I'm pretty excited.

Original Rodan, original MechaG, new Gigan, Hedorah, Battra, Biollante...excellent. (One of my favorite scenes is when Biollante charges headlong at Godzilla; seeing it do that in the trailer made me very happy.) I would've gone with original Mothra instead of the '90s version (I hate those chicken feet), original King Ghidorah (I miss the manes and the organ chirps), and the original Anguirus (just because the "friend of Godzilla" version has those big, goofy cow eyes), but that's pretty minor. I also know someone who'll be sad MOGUERA isn't in it. At least my favorite from "Godzilla: Save the Earth," SpaceG, is there, and hopefully still kicks ass.

The roster is a little smaller than I would have expected, but still decent. There doesn't seem to be a story mode, which I would have enjoyed, but the other versions sound fun. I imagine it's primarily a party game like the second-gen installments, where you and your friends beat the crap out of each other for a while.

Curious about them including both versions of the original MechaG. There are really only a couple of minor differences I can think of (although it appears that at least one does appear in the game, amusingly enough).

--------------------------
This seriously makes me consider upgrading to the current gen of consoles.

Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:37 pm
Burning Godzilla

I'd keep your excitement in check. It's...a Godzilla simulator game, for better or for worst. A lot of people seem to think for the worst.

I...like it I suppose. It gets extremely repetitive really fast, and the upgrade/progression system is rather clunky. Combat is REALLY slow...but then again when you're playing as Godzilla you can kind of expect that.

I'd argue that's like a 3D Rampage game with Godzilla characters.

There's "God of Destruction" Mode where you play as Godzilla, destroying (closed off) cities and "G-Generators", and fighting whatever kaiju or mechs get thrown at you. The more you destroy the bigger and stronger Godzilla gets. Destroying 100% of stage unlocks you a base for diorama mode. The more you destroy, the more the games "threat level" rises, and with each level it rises the armies will throw stronger weaponry at you. There's a branching path system where you can decide what route/stages you want to go to next, which can effect the stages difficulty (how fast the threat level rises) and what monsters you will encounter. There's also an "invade" or "defend" mode where you play as other monsters you've unlocked.

King of the Kaiju mode is basically Time Attack. How fast can you defeat 6 one on one counters.

Evolution mode is where you use unlock new monsters and also new abilities you get from enemy drops. Kind of annoying that you have to unlock the ability to turn 180 degrees, because like I said, Godzilla moves REALLY slow.

Diorama mode lets you build your own stage with stuff you unlocked but I haven't really messed with it.

Also there's an in game Kaiju encyclopedia which is pretty informative.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:07 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]