Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Godzilla 2: Due Out 6/8/2018 
Burning Godzilla

A few visuals:

The very creature I have been longing to see in a new movie:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/wp-content/ ... la-2-3.jpg

And these guys:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/G95Bhy9yv5g/hqdefault.jpg

And I guess it wouldn't be complete without the guys on the far left in this one:

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7zp0st.jpg

So I guess we really are looking at a full recapitulation of the original Goji series. One remarkable feature is that instead of looking fluffy and cute, like unto a poodle moth, the Exoskeletal Goddess of Infant Island more closely resembles Buffalo Bill's pets, Acherontia atropos:

http://www.g33k-e.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/G2.jpg

I am quite intrigued to see the tagline "God Help Us All" with an illustration of MOTHRA, for Pete's sake. Dare I hope she really will turn out to be a Death's Head Moth with a really crappy attitude?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Last edited by Cliffie on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 30, 2015 9:37 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Couldn't Rodan be introduced in its own movie. Hell, an updated re-boot of its original movie with just better special effects would be wonderful.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I saw Godzilla 2014 again this weekend and it dawned on me that -- in a way -- this director did remake Rodan already. When the male MUTO nosedived into the water right next to the suspension bridge, that shot came almost straight from Rodan. And of course, the MUTOs finding each other from halfway around the world and tenderly exchanging the warheads prior to mating...They didn't die together in a cloud of volcanic gas and a river of hot lava, but there was such a clear undertone of the Rodans going on, you know?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

So they're remaking Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster? I am okay with that.

I like the Rodan update, although I wouldn't have minded it having its own movie, either. Not sure on KG, the design for the heads is a bit odd to my eyes. Would need to see more, I think. Two Mothra larvae...interesting. I think they should've gone back to the red eyes, though.

"God help us all"...that's got two possible meanings: either Godzilla, or Mothra (who has traditionally been considered a god).

Which is exactly the type of fan reference I would expect from Edwards, bless him.

-------------------------------
I'm not sure I can wait three damn years, though.

Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:40 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
So they're remaking Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster? I am okay with that.

I like the Rodan update, although I wouldn't have minded it having its own movie, either. Not sure on KG, the design for the heads is a bit odd to my eyes. Would need to see more, I think. Two Mothra larvae...interesting. I think they should've gone back to the red eyes, though.

But they look so adorable with blue eyes!

And as far as the release date, hey, you know how that goes. It could easily be 2019 or 2020, if the production doesn't go splat altogether. At least this one has a MUCH better chance of being released than, say, Zeppelin vs. Pterodactyls, which I will wait for in vain until the day I die. And let's not forget the brutally-interrupted remake of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:39 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I'm with you on ZvP.

I didn't know anyone was going to remake CSPWDT. I've not really sat down and watched the original; I put it on and kept looking up whilst I was doing whatever I was doing online at the time. I did make sure to pay attention toward the end for the en masse "You bastard!" moment, which was everything I hoped for.

-------------------------
I'll have to look into the story on the remake, as I'm curious now.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 am
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I didn't know anyone was going to remake CSPWDT. I've not really sat down and watched the original; I put it on and kept looking up whilst I was doing whatever I was doing online at the time. I did make sure to pay attention toward the end for the en masse "You bastard!" moment, which was everything I hoped for.

-------------------------
I'll have to look into the story on the remake, as I'm curious now.

That and a quick glimpse of the glory that is the striped pants is all you need to see in that movie.

Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I'm with you on ZvP.

I didn't know anyone was going to remake CSPWDT.

Not just anyone, my friend -- the original filmmaker, Bob Clark himself, was going to update his original vision. He and his son were killed by a drunk driver while the project was still on the drawing board. Oh, for an old leatherbound book found in a dusty corner of a college library that could bring them both back to life.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I'm with you on ZvP.

I didn't know anyone was going to remake CSPWDT.

Not just anyone, my friend -- the original filmmaker, Bob Clark himself, was going to update his original vision. He and his son were killed by a drunk driver while the project was still on the drawing board. Oh, for an old leatherbound book found in a dusty corner of a college library that could bring them both back to life.

May you be strapped to a comfy chair in hell with your eyes taped open to watch all of the infernal Superbabies 3 for suggesting that.

Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

May you be strapped to a comfy chair in hell with your eyes taped open to watch all of the infernal Superbabies 3 for suggesting that.

What!? Why? Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't want to see what he had in mind?

Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

What!? Why? Are you seriously telling me you wouldn't want to see what he had in mind?

NOOOOO! The first one was more than enough.

Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

BJ, it's like I don't even know you anymore. I will always love CSPWDT, my very first zombie movie. How can anyone else on the entire face of the planet not feel the same? And want to see Bob Clark's very own reboot of that bellbottomed glory?

>>sob<<<

Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
BJ, it's like I don't even know you anymore. I will always love CSPWDT, my very first zombie movie. How can anyone else on the entire face of the planet not feel the same? And want to see Bob Clark's very own reboot of that bellbottomed glory?

>>sob<<<

>>>Takes note of Cliffster's sobbing and attempts to empathize<<<

I think he'd try and fix the pants. He can't fix the pants. He'd try to reproduce the douchebag scene. You can't reproduce the douchebag scene. Alan Ormsby would get a cameo. It would either be a vain attempt at being hip, self-aware and self-referential (which would put Bob on the same plain as Uwe Boll, who, after admitting that House of the Dead was, indeed, laughable dreck, tried to re-release it on DVD as a self-mocking hip comedy) or worse, Bob would attempt to improve on the mistakes of the earlier movie. And I contend that there were no mistakes on that movie! Everything is as it should be and nothing should be corrected.

Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

>>sob<<<

>>>Takes note of Cliffster's sobbing and attempts to empathize<<<

I think he'd try and fix the pants. He can't fix the pants. He'd try to reproduce the douchebag scene. You can't reproduce the douchebag scene. Alan Ormsby would get a cameo. It would either be a vain attempt at being hip, self-aware and self-referential (which would put Bob on the same plain as Uwe Boll, who, after admitting that House of the Dead was, indeed, laughable dreck, tried to re-release it on DVD as a self-mocking hip comedy) or worse, Bob would attempt to improve on the mistakes of the earlier movie. And I contend that there were no mistakes on that movie! Everything is as it should be and nothing should be corrected.

You're assuming terrible things.

(But which scene is the douchebag scene?)

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
(But which scene is the douchebag scene?)

I assume he's talking about the brilliant moment when Alan throws the girl to the undead horde in the hope of saving his own ass, and the zombies pause in their advance to look at him like, "Christ, what an fuzzyduckling!" before chowing down on her.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next