Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Kaiju Upgrade Suggestions Go Here... 
Burning Godzilla

...I think Biollante was a great idea poorly executed.

If you're gonna have a really angry rosebush big enough to challenge Godzilla, why not make it capable of calling up ALL the uneasy souls of the dead so it has more moxie -- and more rage? The original Goji idea was to have him symbolize the angry dead of WWII, so why not have Biollante collect the angry dead of some other cataclysmic event, or several of them? And suggestions about what cataclysm(s) would be the best one(s)?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It was a rose bush without projectile thorns and it had no pollinating capabilities to reproduce itself. It had no tough woody trunk that was very hard to break. It had the look of a rose with the hollow-fluid filled trunks like dandelions. It should not have been so easy for Godzilla to defeat.Furthermore, it needed more than one head. It needed many blooms. It was just a bit too reminiscent of Audrey II and not enough rose bush characteristics.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I always thought Biollante should have had the ability to summon other plants for assistance. BTW, wasn't Legion also a plant?

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Burning Godzilla

Snurt64 wrote:
I always thought Biollante should have had the ability to summon other plants for assistance. BTW, wasn't Legion also a plant?

In the Gamera trilogy? Legion wasn't the plant, but Legion did use the plant blooms as a method of its reproduction. The giant blooms that exploded with the force of several nuclear blasts was the way that Legion expelled its "seeds" to other planets. The meteor that hit the ground at the beginning of the movie was a ""Legion" seed, I guess.
The monster then fought like a protective mother to keep those blooms safe and used the gas-filled critters that nested in its ... chest? ... to tend to the giant bloom.

Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
It was a rose bush without projectile thorns and it had no pollinating capabilities to reproduce itself. It had no tough woody trunk that was very hard to break. It had the look of a rose with the hollow-fluid filled trunks like dandelions. It should not have been so easy for Godzilla to defeat.Furthermore, it needed more than one head. It needed many blooms. It was just a bit too reminiscent of Audrey II and not enough rose bush characteristics.

I remember Biollante having many blooms...but not a way to express the personality of the dead girl she supposedly had inside her. That would have been boss.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

I remember Biollante having many blooms...but not a way to express the personality of the dead girl she supposedly had inside her. That would have been boss.

I had some ideas along those lines a few years ago, when the long-absent Merricat went fishing for Godzilla vs. Biolante remake treatments. (Scroll down to the third post.)

Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

How about Biollante as an opponent for the new American godzilla?

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:

The flower would grow. Godzilla would make a dramatic entrance, bellow real cool, then the movie would cut to people enjoying a refreshing drink at a sports bar thousands of miles from the action while one of the three televisions show grainy black and white footage of Godzilla grasping the plant monster with both arms, then cut to THE NEXT MORNING where bulldozers are pushing huge piles of green fronds and giant rose petals into a landfill.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Merricat, said Constance, would you like some rose-hip tea? Oh, no, said, Merricat, you'll poison me...

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

The flower would grow. Godzilla would make a dramatic entrance, bellow real cool, then the movie would cut to people enjoying a refreshing drink at a sports bar thousands of miles from the action while one of the three televisions show grainy black and white footage of Godzilla grasping the plant monster with both arms, then cut to THE NEXT MORNING where bulldozers are pushing huge piles of green fronds and giant rose petals into a landfill.

Snort! FLAWLESS.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:21 pm
Burning Godzilla

Except we need a tougher rosebush to make the fight worth watching. Maybe a rugosa/rambler cross with a deadly fragrance and thorns that can shoot stinging foam into your eyes -- said foam also would solidify into a sort of corrosive Silly String web...

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]