Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Kaiju Upgrade Suggestions Go Here... 
Author Message
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
...I think Biollante was a great idea poorly executed.

If you're gonna have a really angry rosebush big enough to challenge Godzilla, why not make it capable of calling up ALL the uneasy souls of the dead so it has more moxie -- and more rage? The original Goji idea was to have him symbolize the angry dead of WWII, so why not have Biollante collect the angry dead of some other cataclysmic event, or several of them? And suggestions about what cataclysm(s) would be the best one(s)?

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
It was a rose bush without projectile thorns and it had no pollinating capabilities to reproduce itself. It had no tough woody trunk that was very hard to break. It had the look of a rose with the hollow-fluid filled trunks like dandelions. It should not have been so easy for Godzilla to defeat.Furthermore, it needed more than one head. It needed many blooms. It was just a bit too reminiscent of Audrey II and not enough rose bush characteristics.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:19 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Connecticut USA
I always thought Biollante should have had the ability to summon other plants for assistance. BTW, wasn't Legion also a plant?

_________________
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: "Winston you are drunk...disgustingly drunk!"
Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: "Madam you're fat...disgustingly fat. And tomorrow, I'll be sober."


Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:09 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Snurt64 wrote:
I always thought Biollante should have had the ability to summon other plants for assistance. BTW, wasn't Legion also a plant?


In the Gamera trilogy? Legion wasn't the plant, but Legion did use the plant blooms as a method of its reproduction. The giant blooms that exploded with the force of several nuclear blasts was the way that Legion expelled its "seeds" to other planets. The meteor that hit the ground at the beginning of the movie was a ""Legion" seed, I guess.
The monster then fought like a protective mother to keep those blooms safe and used the gas-filled critters that nested in its ... chest? ... to tend to the giant bloom.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Bergerjacques wrote:
It was a rose bush without projectile thorns and it had no pollinating capabilities to reproduce itself. It had no tough woody trunk that was very hard to break. It had the look of a rose with the hollow-fluid filled trunks like dandelions. It should not have been so easy for Godzilla to defeat.Furthermore, it needed more than one head. It needed many blooms. It was just a bit too reminiscent of Audrey II and not enough rose bush characteristics.


I remember Biollante having many blooms...but not a way to express the personality of the dead girl she supposedly had inside her. That would have been boss.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:24 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:21 am
Posts: 6168
Location: In the orbit of Baltimore, Maryland
Cliffie wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
It was a rose bush without projectile thorns and it had no pollinating capabilities to reproduce itself. It had no tough woody trunk that was very hard to break. It had the look of a rose with the hollow-fluid filled trunks like dandelions. It should not have been so easy for Godzilla to defeat.Furthermore, it needed more than one head. It needed many blooms. It was just a bit too reminiscent of Audrey II and not enough rose bush characteristics.


I remember Biollante having many blooms...but not a way to express the personality of the dead girl she supposedly had inside her. That would have been boss.

I had some ideas along those lines a few years ago, when the long-absent Merricat went fishing for Godzilla vs. Biolante remake treatments. (Scroll down to the third post.)

_________________
Now at 1000 Misspent Hours and Counting-- The Belko Experiment, Get Out, Kong: Skull Island, and a whole lot more!


Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
Online
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 6574
Location: California's #2 tourist destination
How about Biollante as an opponent for the new American godzilla?

_________________
"This is a Star Trek that pretends to have balls, but continues to prove that those balls are actually rubber prophylactics pretending to be balls." -- Bj

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s


Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
supersonic man wrote:
How about Biollante as an opponent for the new American godzilla?


The flower would grow. Godzilla would make a dramatic entrance, bellow real cool, then the movie would cut to people enjoying a refreshing drink at a sports bar thousands of miles from the action while one of the three televisions show grainy black and white footage of Godzilla grasping the plant monster with both arms, then cut to THE NEXT MORNING where bulldozers are pushing huge piles of green fronds and giant rose petals into a landfill.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:41 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Merricat, said Constance, would you like some rose-hip tea? Oh, no, said, Merricat, you'll poison me...

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:28 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
How about Biollante as an opponent for the new American godzilla?


The flower would grow. Godzilla would make a dramatic entrance, bellow real cool, then the movie would cut to people enjoying a refreshing drink at a sports bar thousands of miles from the action while one of the three televisions show grainy black and white footage of Godzilla grasping the plant monster with both arms, then cut to THE NEXT MORNING where bulldozers are pushing huge piles of green fronds and giant rose petals into a landfill.


Snort! FLAWLESS.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:21 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Except we need a tougher rosebush to make the fight worth watching. Maybe a rugosa/rambler cross with a deadly fragrance and thorns that can shoot stinging foam into your eyes -- said foam also would solidify into a sort of corrosive Silly String web...

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy