Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
The Return of Purchasing Things Thread 
Minya

supersonic man wrote:
Look out, world -- our living room now features a hand-me-down karaoke machine.

Do you have any personal favourites

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:58 pm
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
The Ray Harryhausen Gift Set (It Came from Beneath the Sea; 20 Million Miles to Earth; Earth vs. the Flying Saucers)

So after two weeks, the seller canceled the order for no good reason. I think he sold the item outside of MercadoLivre (the Brazilian ebay) and never updated its status. So I used the credit from that purchase to buy some Shaw Brothers movies:

Vengeance! (1970)
Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber Part 2 (1978)
The Kung Fu Instructor (1979)

Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

A 32" HD Vizio television. Because I got sick of borrowing my dad's.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:27 am
Burning Godzilla

Lone Wolf and Cub Criterion collection. It includes all six original movies, PLUS Shogun Assassin - the first American release composed of the first two movies edited together. The edit is described as "brilliant."

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Heavy Rain: Director's Cut, PS3
Doom 3: BFG Edition, PS3
NES Remix Pack, Wii U
John Carter of Mars: The First Five Novels
WTF, Evolution?, Mara Grunbaum

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:39 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Americanas/Blockbuster Video store near my work was selling their previously-viewed DVDs for 2 bucks a pop (the best you'll ever find a DVD in Brazil that isn't pirated), so I picked up:

The Secret World of Arietty
Paranorman
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Street Fighter: Legend of Chun Li
Spectre
Texas Chainsaw 3-D

Some Barbie movie about Christmas at Swan lake

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Magic: The Gathering Deck Builder's Toolkit (185 semi-random cards, 100 basic lands, and four boosters in a reusable storage box)
Bloodborne, PS4
Tales of the Abyss, 3DS
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3

And once I make my credit card payment, I'll have about $4 left out of this week's paycheck.

Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:59 pm
Burning Godzilla

In Duluth:

Spice and Wolf vols. 9-11
Tokyo Ghoul - vols. 6-8
Sorry, Wrong Answer, Rod L. Evans
Dead Space: Catalyst, S.K. Evenson
Clanbook: Ravnos
A s***load of Magic: the Gathering stuff

Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:44 am
Burning Godzilla

Picked up in Japantown:

Dragon Lord

Police Story 3

Police Story 4

Thunderbolt: Ação Sobre Rodas (1995)

O Grande Desafio (The Great Challenge -- Gorgeous)

Armour of God

Storm Warriors

Invisible Target

Bodyguards and Assassins

Legend of the Fist: Return of Chen Zhen

House of Fury

Motorway

Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Role-playing game books are a very expensive hobby, especially since most of the ones I seek out are out-of-print.

A Medieval Tapestry (Ars Magica)
Wraith: Player's Guide (Wraith: the Oblivion)
City of Angels
Damned and Deceived (both Demon: the Fallen)

Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:12 pm
Burning Godzilla

Birthday:

Tokyo Ghoul, vols. 9 and 10
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, 3DS
A nice handbag for my books
A $50 B&N card
An additional item I don't want to talk about

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:18 am
Burning Godzilla

Lately my shopping trips have become a continual battle between my desires and the voice in the head that says "That's a waste of money" every time I look at something.

Bioshock: The Collection, PS4
Dragon Quest Heroes, PS4 (Fun fact: I've played Dragon Quest since it was still Dragon Warrior, but hadn't actually beaten a game in the series until earlier this year with the DS version of VI.)

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:27 pm
Site Admin

Bergerjacques wrote:
Lone Wolf and Cub Criterion collection. It includes all six original movies, PLUS Shogun Assassin - the first American release composed of the first two movies edited together. The edit is described as "brilliant."

Oh man I want this.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Marlowe wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

Oh man I want this.

Yes, you do. And, if I have forgotten to add elsewhere on one of the mini-review threads, SHOGUN ASSASSIN is edited brilliantly. It is edited in such a way that it tells a completely different story than Lone Wolf and Cub using the same footage.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Bergerjacques wrote:
Marlowe wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

Oh man I want this.

Yes, you do. And, if I have forgotten to add elsewhere on one of the mini-review threads, SHOGUN ASSASSIN is edited brilliantly. It is edited in such a way that it tells a completely different story than Lone Wolf and Cub using the same footage.

Yeah, I think I've seen both Shogun and the first two Lone Wolf movies, but it's been a while; I'd love to rewatch and see what you're talking about.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next