Reply to topic  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
The Return of Purchasing Things Thread 
Burning Godzilla

Picked up a copy of the book Godzilla: Art of Destruction.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

One Punch Man vol. 4
Tokyo Ghoul vol. 6
Brilliant Blunders, Mario Livio

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:42 pm
Burning Godzilla

Splurged a little this week and bought:

Godzilla (1998) the novelization

DVDs:

Kill Switch with Steven Seagal
Tai Chi Hero
Forbidden Kingdom

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Man, I just can't buy a new phone. Every time I decide I like something it turns out there's something fatally wrong with it, such as a poor cellular antenna that won't make calls if the signal is weak. Finally I go "Okay I'll just get the expensive Samsung" and it develops a rash of spontaneously combusting batteries.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Until Dawn, PS4
Dishonored: Game of the Year Edition, PS3
Black Butler Book of Circus Sebastian plushie
Kill la Kill Satsuki plushie

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:57 pm
Burning Godzilla

Death Note: Vol.1
Death Note: Vol. 2 (so between them the entire series)
American Psycho

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:43 pm
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Man, I just can't buy a new phone. Every time I decide I like something it turns out there's something fatally wrong with it, such as a poor cellular antenna that won't make calls if the signal is weak. Finally I go "Okay I'll just get the expensive Samsung" and it develops a rash of spontaneously combusting batteries.

I finally have a new phone. An unlocked HTC Ten, anodized a lurid scarlet hue which probably seems awesome to nobody but me. Got most of my crap onto it but haven't transferred my phone number yet.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

The Geography of Madness: Penis Thieves, Voodoo Death, and the Search for the Meaning of the World's Strangest Syndromes, Frank Bures
Benchley at the Theatre (a collection of Robert Benchley theater reviews from 1920 to 1940)
Pandemonium!: Adventures in Tabloid World (roleplaying game)
The Day the Magic Stopped, edited by Christopher Stasheff
Wishing Season, Esther Friesner
Last Call, Tim Powers

Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:22 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Ray Harryhausen Gift Set (It Came from Beneath the Sea; 20 Million Miles to Earth; Earth vs. the Flying Saucers)

Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

An album of Ifukube. One of the works on it is the one which reworked the Godzilla theme.

Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I picked up Sony's new PlayStation VR and it's a blast. With games like Batman: Arkham and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood you become completely immersed in a virtual world, and in the case of the Until Dawn game I screamed like a little girl.

You can read my full thoughts on the system here: PlayStation VR: Enter a New World of Console Gaming

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:33 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Criterion 24 hour half-off flash sale (still going on as of Tuesday morning, 10/18.) Bought Chimes at Midnight and The Innocents.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Ordered the Blu-ray of Truth or Dare?: A Critical Madness, which means I can't go for that Criterion flash sale.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Burning Godzilla

I always go crazy at Half-Price Books...

Reiko the Zombie Shop (?), vols. 1-6, Rei Mikamoto
The Sixth Gun vol. 1, Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt
Werewolf the Apocalypse: Rage Across the World vols. 1 and 2
The Monster Show: A Cultural History of Horror, David J. Skal

The one I'm happiest about is The Sixth Gun. I've looked for that series since I picked up the first issue on Free Comic Book Day a few years ago, but nobody ever carried the first volume.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:38 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Monster Show informs my writing on film more than any other text I've ever encountered (which means you either will or will not want to read it after finding that out).

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next