Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
The Return of Purchasing Things Thread 
Burning Godzilla

Dead Space 2, PS3
One-Punch Man, vols. 1-3
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer, Siddhartha Mukherjee
A plush of Holo from Spice and Wolf
A four-foot HDMI cable (so that I can finally have more than one system hooked up)

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:11 pm
Minya

dont you just love a rainy day

[*]Jason and the Argonauts
which includes 'the Ray Harryhausen Chronicals' documentary and a special interview (£0.75)

[*]Flesh Creepers Vol.1 (£0.75)
Night of the Living Dead
Revenge of the Zombies

[*]Killjoy (£0.50)

[*]Return of the Killer Tomatoes (£1.00)

[*]Classic Horror Movie Collection (£0.50)
Roger Corman-A Bucket of Blood
Vincent Price-House on the Haunted Hill
Boris Karloff-The Ghoul

[*]Lemmy-white line fever (£2.99)

Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:41 pm
Burning Godzilla

Barnes and Noble is having 1/2 off Criterion, so:
Kwaidan
The Player

and while I was at it:
Democracy in America, Vol. 1 and 2 - Toqueville (The Goldhammer Translations)

From Audible:
2 audio plays from LA Theaterworks - Road To Mecca, 8 (a play concerning a very unpopular anti-gay statute passed in California),
and Cabin Pressure, 4th Season (Benedict Cumberbatch)

Amazon:
X-Files: The Event Season
Fantasticland (pre-order) - one of our former posters, Captain Wow aka Mike Bockoven, is having his first novel published by a real publisher: Skyhorse Publishing.
Audio CDs
Sara Watkins - Young in all the Wrong Ways
Sarah Jarosz - Undercurrent

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

My new television set arrived today. It is simply gorgeous; Sony 65" 4K UHD HDR LED Android Smart TV .

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:09 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Where do you get 4K content?

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Where do you get 4K content?

There's already about a dozen or so titles on 4K Bluray. I'm hoping to pick up the new Sony 4K player when it comes out next month.

There is also 4K content on Netflix.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

My mother found MST3K 25th Anniversary Edition at Target for $20 and decided I would like it.

It has Moon Zero Two, The Day The Earth Froze, The Leech Woman, and Gorgo, plus a bonus disc with Mitchell and The Brain That Wouldn't Die. So yeah, she was right.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:59 pm
Minya

After buying killjoy 1 I found killjoy 2 and a film called jigsaw for 0.75 so picked them up

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:00 pm
Burning Godzilla

Red Rising, a future dystopia about colonizing Mars and vat-grown colonists with a caste system based on their skin color (Reds are laborers; Golds are rulers). I've heard good things about it.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:51 pm
Burning Godzilla

switchbladesteve wrote:
a film called jigsaw

Oh, you poor bastard... Is it at least the edition that bundles Jigsaw together with the lousy-but-genuinely-trying Lovecraft knockoff, Totem? Or are you going to have to take Jigsaw straight up, no chaser?

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:00 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

Oh, you poor bastard... Is it at least the edition that bundles Jigsaw together with the lousy-but-genuinely-trying Lovecraft knockoff, Totem? Or are you going to have to take Jigsaw straight up, no chaser?[/quote]

Sadly I don't know I will let you know on Saturday as I have friends over on Fridays and that is this weeks film

Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:10 pm
Burning Godzilla

Farcry Compilation, PS3
Resistance: Retaliation, PSP

I think I now own the entire Resistance series.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm
Burning Godzilla

When the family suggests "Let's go to Half-Price Books", my attempts to save money are moot.

The Way of Shadow (Legend of the Five Rings sourcebook)
Shadowrun Companion
The Diner's Dictionary, John Ayto
Worldwar: In the Balance, Harry Turtledove

Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:54 pm
Burning Godzilla

On a brief vacation to western North Carolina and the northeastern tip of Tennessee, besides the stuff one often picks up on such trips (such as a set of bowls for the kitchen) we bought some books, at a couple of places that were quite a contrast. One was a "book exchange" for a small town; bring a book and take a book, or make a small donation. I picked up Typee by Herman Melville (1842) and Pox: Genius, Madness, and the Mysteries of Syphilis by Deborah Hayden for a few bucks. The other place was a "rare and collectible" place, where we paid more than I should mention for a book signed by Helen Keller and a first edition of Familiar Poems, Annotated by Isaac Asimov (1977).

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:47 am
Burning Godzilla

Look out, world -- our living room now features a hand-me-down karaoke machine.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next