Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Toho to Produce Godzilla film 
Author Message
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Posts: 5159
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
I've written about this already, but here's the link!

What I personally find fascinating is the reaction among Godzilla fans about it. There's a surprisingly contingent of fans who are clamoring for a continuation of the Heisei/VS. series. And to be perfectly honest, I almost find myself joining that camp, if only because the series has had more reboots than really is necessary. Whatever happens, I can at least be happy that the other four members of the Big 5 (Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla) should be nowhere in sight for this film.

_________________
I wrote a book!

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985


Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
I can live without ever seeing Mothra and Godzilla together in a movie again.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
I'm super happy about this! I would even be happy if Mothra was in it, but I'm a masochist.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:56 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Posts: 5159
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Bergerjacques wrote:
I can live without ever seeing Mothra and Godzilla together in a movie again.


You and me both. Mothra's slated to show up in one of the Legendary Godzilla sequels, although I the male MUTO was enough like Mothra that her appearance wouldn't be necessary.

_________________
I wrote a book!

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985


Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
I can live without ever seeing Mothra and Godzilla together in a movie again.


You and me both. Mothra's slated to show up in one of the Legendary Godzilla sequels, although I the male MUTO was enough like Mothra that her appearance wouldn't be necessary.


Now, seriously, is it Mothra or is it the toxic Kenny factor?

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Posts: 5159
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Cliffie wrote:
Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
I can live without ever seeing Mothra and Godzilla together in a movie again.


You and me both. Mothra's slated to show up in one of the Legendary Godzilla sequels, although I the male MUTO was enough like Mothra that her appearance wouldn't be necessary.


Now, seriously, is it Mothra or is it the toxic Kenny factor?


Mothra, Ghidorah and MG have suffered from some serious overuse over the years. They would have to find some totally new (and cool) angle to presente them for me to applaud the decision.

_________________
I wrote a book!

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985


Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Like maybe if my theory was proven, that Mothra mistook the Cleveland power plant for a giant bug zapper and thereby caused the Great Midwestern Blackout of 2003?

Like maybe if Mothra sided with Battra and Ghidorah against the children of the world and, you know, ate them all?

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Cliffie wrote:
Like maybe if my theory was proven, that Mothra mistook the Cleveland power plant for a giant bug zapper and thereby caused the Great Midwestern Blackout of 2003?

Like maybe if Mothra sided with Battra and Ghidorah against the children of the world and, you know, ate them all?


Mothra grubs, drenched in blood, exploding from their human host!

I think they should exit through the eye sockets.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Like maybe if my theory was proven, that Mothra mistook the Cleveland power plant for a giant bug zapper and thereby caused the Great Midwestern Blackout of 2003?

Like maybe if Mothra sided with Battra and Ghidorah against the children of the world and, you know, ate them all?


Mothra grubs, drenched in blood, exploding from their human host!

I think they should exit through the eye sockets.


I like your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2001 11:46 pm
Posts: 3262
Location: Deutschland
Yeah, I'd much prefer to see some brand-new kaiju instead of the usual non-Godzilla suspects. If they are bringing back old kaiju, at least try and do something interesting with one-and-done snoozers like SpaceGodzilla. (That said, I of course will make an exception for any film that gives serious screen time to the wonderful Final Wars Gigan suit).

_________________
"CITIZEN SNIIIIIPS!" - Theodore Roosevelt's Head
"When the Hulkster comes to Heaven, we'll tag up again" - "Hulkster in Heaven"
"Pustulio Rocks!" - Invader ZIM
"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci


Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:08 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
MegaLemur wrote:
Yeah, I'd much prefer to see some brand-new kaiju instead of the usual non-Godzilla suspects. If they are bringing back old kaiju, at least try and do something interesting with one-and-done snoozers like SpaceGodzilla. (That said, I of course will make an exception for any film that gives serious screen time to the wonderful Final Wars Gigan suit).


Others do not feel the same way, and I understand, but I like Megaguiras and the little Meganeula(?) hordes and would like to see a better movie that featured them. And yes to Final Wars Gigan, too.

Hell, if Toho would be into it, I'd love to see Godzilla vs the Green Gargantua.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 4:21 am
Posts: 6168
Location: In the orbit of Baltimore, Maryland
I'm still waiting on Godzilla vs. Varan. Or Godzilla vs. Dagora. But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.

_________________
Now at 1000 Misspent Hours and Counting-- The Belko Experiment, Get Out, Kong: Skull Island, and a whole lot more!


Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Posts: 5159
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Bergerjacques wrote:
MegaLemur wrote:
Yeah, I'd much prefer to see some brand-new kaiju instead of the usual non-Godzilla suspects. If they are bringing back old kaiju, at least try and do something interesting with one-and-done snoozers like SpaceGodzilla. (That said, I of course will make an exception for any film that gives serious screen time to the wonderful Final Wars Gigan suit).


Others do not feel the same way, and I understand, but I like Megaguiras and the little Meganeula(?) hordes and would like to see a better movie that featured them. And yes to Final Wars Gigan, too.

Hell, if Toho would be into it, I'd love to see Godzilla vs the Green Gargantua.


They actually came close to filming Godzilla vs. the Gargantuasback in the late 1970s, but it never left the planning stages.

Perhaps they have Godzilla fight FW Gigan, and at the end, there's a credit cookie with Space Godzilla standing at the edge of a black hole, saying, "To fight Godzilla...is to court Death."

_________________
I wrote a book!

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985


Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
El Santo wrote:
I'm still waiting on Godzilla vs. Varan. Or Godzilla vs. Dagora. But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.


Now, Dagora is a jellyfish of another color. So unique that s/he may need a unique foe.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9382
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
El Santo wrote:
.....But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.


As would I. That's a good point about Battra. As difficult as it is for me to buy into Mothra being even half the challenge to Godzilla that Toho continues to assert in several movies, Battra. particularly in its Hot Wheels-colored larval form, made me a believer that a kaiju caterpillar/moth could be a contender.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy