Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Toho to Produce Godzilla film 
Burning Godzilla

I've written about this already, but here's the link!

What I personally find fascinating is the reaction among Godzilla fans about it. There's a surprisingly contingent of fans who are clamoring for a continuation of the Heisei/VS. series. And to be perfectly honest, I almost find myself joining that camp, if only because the series has had more reboots than really is necessary. Whatever happens, I can at least be happy that the other four members of the Big 5 (Mothra, Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla) should be nowhere in sight for this film.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I can live without ever seeing Mothra and Godzilla together in a movie again.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

I'm super happy about this! I would even be happy if Mothra was in it, but I'm a masochist.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:56 pm
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:

You and me both. Mothra's slated to show up in one of the Legendary Godzilla sequels, although I the male MUTO was enough like Mothra that her appearance wouldn't be necessary.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

You and me both. Mothra's slated to show up in one of the Legendary Godzilla sequels, although I the male MUTO was enough like Mothra that her appearance wouldn't be necessary.

Now, seriously, is it Mothra or is it the toxic Kenny factor?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Hman wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:

Now, seriously, is it Mothra or is it the toxic Kenny factor?

Mothra, Ghidorah and MG have suffered from some serious overuse over the years. They would have to find some totally new (and cool) angle to presente them for me to applaud the decision.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Like maybe if my theory was proven, that Mothra mistook the Cleveland power plant for a giant bug zapper and thereby caused the Great Midwestern Blackout of 2003?

Like maybe if Mothra sided with Battra and Ghidorah against the children of the world and, you know, ate them all?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
Like maybe if my theory was proven, that Mothra mistook the Cleveland power plant for a giant bug zapper and thereby caused the Great Midwestern Blackout of 2003?

Like maybe if Mothra sided with Battra and Ghidorah against the children of the world and, you know, ate them all?

Mothra grubs, drenched in blood, exploding from their human host!

I think they should exit through the eye sockets.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:58 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Mothra grubs, drenched in blood, exploding from their human host!

I think they should exit through the eye sockets.

I like your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Yeah, I'd much prefer to see some brand-new kaiju instead of the usual non-Godzilla suspects. If they are bringing back old kaiju, at least try and do something interesting with one-and-done snoozers like SpaceGodzilla. (That said, I of course will make an exception for any film that gives serious screen time to the wonderful Final Wars Gigan suit).

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:08 pm
Burning Godzilla

MegaLemur wrote:
Yeah, I'd much prefer to see some brand-new kaiju instead of the usual non-Godzilla suspects. If they are bringing back old kaiju, at least try and do something interesting with one-and-done snoozers like SpaceGodzilla. (That said, I of course will make an exception for any film that gives serious screen time to the wonderful Final Wars Gigan suit).

Others do not feel the same way, and I understand, but I like Megaguiras and the little Meganeula(?) hordes and would like to see a better movie that featured them. And yes to Final Wars Gigan, too.

Hell, if Toho would be into it, I'd love to see Godzilla vs the Green Gargantua.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm still waiting on Godzilla vs. Varan. Or Godzilla vs. Dagora. But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:26 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
MegaLemur wrote:

Others do not feel the same way, and I understand, but I like Megaguiras and the little Meganeula(?) hordes and would like to see a better movie that featured them. And yes to Final Wars Gigan, too.

Hell, if Toho would be into it, I'd love to see Godzilla vs the Green Gargantua.

They actually came close to filming Godzilla vs. the Gargantuasback in the late 1970s, but it never left the planning stages.

Perhaps they have Godzilla fight FW Gigan, and at the end, there's a credit cookie with Space Godzilla standing at the edge of a black hole, saying, "To fight Godzilla...is to court Death."

Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
I'm still waiting on Godzilla vs. Varan. Or Godzilla vs. Dagora. But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.

Now, Dagora is a jellyfish of another color. So unique that s/he may need a unique foe.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
.....But I'll happily keep waiting if they'll give us some completely new monsters 15% cooler than Battra or better.

As would I. That's a good point about Battra. As difficult as it is for me to buy into Mothra being even half the challenge to Godzilla that Toho continues to assert in several movies, Battra. particularly in its Hot Wheels-colored larval form, made me a believer that a kaiju caterpillar/moth could be a contender.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:41 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next