Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Rant Thread - Irrational Overreactions Welcome 
Burning Godzilla

Easy E wrote:
Hey local community,

I am glad you are all coming in and telling us how great it is we support the community through our efforts to host local artist, authors, and filmmakers; plan community events, participate in fund-raisers, and donate locally.

Can you do me a favor? When you come in to tell me how great we are for the community, can you FETHING buy something?!? If no one buys anything, guess who can't be great for the community anymore!

Thanks.

Local Community Art Leagues: Completely missing the point of capitalism at the local level for over 200 years.

"Thank you for your support. See you later. I'm meeting my friends in the nearby city where we're going to eat and shop. See you."

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Woke up to the news this morning and all I can say is this sentence and LOTS OF INCOHERENT SCREAMS.

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:50 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

I feel it might be out of line, legally I mean, but I really want to tie rapist-trainee Brock Turner and his rapist-coach dad to a tree and rearrange their faces using a board with a nail through it. But it would really be better if I just tied them up and handed the board to the victim.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I pretty much stopped watching TV, listening to the radio, or reading the newspaper. I rarely go to news websites anymore.

My quality of life has improved!

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:41 pm
Burning Godzilla

Easy E wrote:
I pretty much stopped watching TV, listening to the radio, or reading the newspaper. I rarely go to news websites anymore.

My quality of life has improved!

High five! 8)

I am tired of Wraparound workers who think they don't have to document phone calls, tell anyone when the next Wraparound meeting is, ask anyone if they can even be available for the meeting before they set the time and place, or do any of their own case management. If the client is in Wraparound, the Wraparound worker does all the case management, and yet here I am faxing releases and updating the information in the computer as if I were the case manager. And when I do that, I can't access any of the information I need because the Wraparound worker has all the current information in a nice, hackable personal cellphone -- a HIPAA violation -- instead of in our computer system where the whole team can access it easily. I just spent a week figuring out who to send a med consent to and what their current phone numbers are because the case manager can't be bothered and meanwhile, the client can't get her prescriptions filled.

Oh, and in the week since our bosses lowered the boom and said absolutely no more emailed or texted communications about clients, guess what started showing up in my email box, courtesy of not one, but 3 different Wraparound workers, all with clients' names and other protected information right in there.

Am I the only person in this building trying to follow the rules?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

That's the kind of sloppiness that can eventually get officefuls of people hauled in front of investigating committees.

My job also has to follow HIPAA rules. We seem to be doing a pretty good job on that now, though on the other hand we only achieved that in our emails to customers within the last two years.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:22 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
That's the kind of sloppiness that can eventually get officefuls of people hauled in front of investigating committees.

I could live with that.

Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

I'm standing in line at a Apple Store and a family try to walk past us all and go straight for the front,no one says anything so I tell them to get to the back of the line and wait like the rest of us

The mother of the family starts shouting saying I was being rude to her because she's a woman and that me and some other randomers in the shop were singling her out.a worker comes over and brings her to the front and sees to her needs

Then as she's walking out after she's been seen she says some people are so rude and walks off

Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:52 pm
Burning Godzilla

How about the Trumpettes being drop-kicked out of polling places for trying to vote twice? When arrested, they grip that they HAVE to do it that way "because the election is rigged." They seem not to be aware that they themselves are the ones trying to rig the election. There was one at my very own polling place -- my boss saw the whole thing.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:13 am
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I am really tired of doing charity stuff in the community, and getting yelled at by people during said events.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:01 pm
Burning Godzilla

Easy E wrote:
I am really tired of doing charity stuff in the community, and getting yelled at by people during said events.

Weird. Why?

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:10 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

According to Twitter, someone they don't like winning a democratic election without need for recounts and Supreme Court decisions equates to the death of democracy.

It's a sad day when the people at 4chan are the only ones looking at the situation calmly.

"Marlowe's overreacting, Marlowe's taking it wrong, Marlowe's lighting kittens on fire again..." - Marlowe, on how the rest of the board sees him

"What we have here is one hellaciously well-built monument." - Bergerjacques, on the Lincoln Memorial

"Folks, we need a way to get Uwe Boll to inadvertantly touch Tony Jaa's elephant." - Beggar So's Hat speaks truth

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:54 am
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Easy E wrote:

Weird. Why?

Seriously, you can't lead with such an enticing setup and leave us hanging. Bad form, storyteller.

Personal rant: I work with a huge bureaucracy in higher education. I also have a side business as a freelance writer with a contract to a local magazine. I received an assignment in September to write upon a subject where the bureaucracy I work for might benefit. So, I emailed the head of the PR office explaining that I had a side business and that my assignment could involve the organization. Said head of PR never replied to my email. Since I did not hear from them, I pursued other angles and subjects for my story. One of my contacts at the Kentucky Hospital Association said they would be glad to talk with me about the subject in question, but if I really wanted a good source, I should talk with Dr. PERSON who is director of an economic development organization which is a branch of my higher education bureaucracy. The KHA cc'ed DR PERSON, DR PERSON contacted me directly and I ended up with a great interview about how this branch of my bureaucracy is doing awesome things in partnership with hospitals throughout Kentucky. The article was published. I sent around notices to my subjects about how they can share it. I received blessings and appreciation from all subjects interviewed. Dr. PERSON was enthused and shared the article with PR. Two weeks after it is published, the chief of my department visits me and says "don't worry, he has my back" because someone is pissed off that I wrote an article and wanted him to read me the riot act .... for following protocols, trying to involve and notify the powers that be, and writing a positive article that reflects well on my insitution .... all because I did not pay due fealty to the bureaucrat who failed to notice my email.

CS Lewis is absolutely correct. The substance of Hell is a Bureaucracy of tiny little Despots who worry more about their illusions of "power" and "authority" than in accomplishing the goals of their office. I may not have minded the remonstrance as much if there had been a small dollop of compliment to the story.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:46 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Mr. Paradox wrote:
According to Twitter, someone they don't like winning a democratic election without need for recounts and Supreme Court decisions equates to the death of democracy.

It's a sad day when the people at 4chan are the only ones looking at the situation calmly.

My alma mater sent an email to the student body assuring them there will be safe spaces and counseling available for those terrified by the outcome of the election.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:21 pm
Burning Godzilla

Charnelhouse wrote:
Mr. Paradox wrote:

My alma mater sent an email to the student body assuring them there will be safe spaces and counseling available for those terrified by the outcome of the election.

I've Always wondered what's up with the pantywaists that are the generation after mine (or those that came at the tail-end of my generation) that throw hissy-fits every time a conservative/Republican person is invited to speak at their university and get so emotionally traumatized at the very idea of someone with opposing views giving a speech in their vicinity, instead of making the rational decision to not attend the speech and go about their lives like normal people.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next