Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
What Movie Monster Is This? 
Burning Godzilla

I Googled up this still by accident and it does not name the monster or the movie!

And this is supposed to be from Teenagers From Outer Space, but I saw that movie and this guy never appears in it. Any thoughts, people? Name? Movie?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm pretty sure the first one is Garamon, who appeared in several episodes of the Japanese TV series "Ultra Q." The second is indeed from Teenagers from Outer Space. It's called a Gargon, and it figures in the film's fourth (!) act, in between the defeat of the one trigger-happy space "teen" and the arrival of the main invasion fleet. The aliens raise the things as livestock, and the whole point of their expedition to Earth is to evaluate the planet's suitability as a Gargon ranch. One reason you may not recognize the Gargon is because it doesn't usually look that opaque; the matte effects are astonishingly bad, with the result that it usually looks more like the disembodied shadow of a lobster than the lobster itself.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:04 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
I Googled up this still by accident and it does not name the monster or the movie!

And this is supposed to be from Teenagers From Outer Space, but I saw that movie and this guy never appears in it. Any thoughts, people? Name? Movie?

Sean Frost has the definitive answer to that as he own a bandai plastic image of the creature.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Sean Frost has the definitive answer to that as he own a bandai plastic image of the creature.

The first one or the second?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:38 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

The first one or the second?

I'm going to guess that Bandai never made a Gargon model... :)

I got to see the first "Ultra Q" episode featuring Garamon earlier this year. (My first episode of the show, in fact, and now I really need to get that series set.) The Garamon costume would later be used as Pigmon, a rare human-sized (and friendly) kaiju, in various Ultra series.

The Gargon's "rampage" is one of the funniest damn things I have ever seen.

-----------------------------
I'm giggling even now just thinking about it.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]