Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Kaiju Small Entertainments 
Burning Godzilla

Truly, giant monsters are everywhere. This week when I was leafing through the updated edition of The Encyclopedia of Dead Rock Stars, I learned for the first time that one of Ahmet Zappa's numerous middle names...is Rodan.

That made my day, it really did. :twisted:

I am also awaiting results of having loaned my copy of Godzilla: Final Wars to a co-worker. He thought Gorgo was the only daikaiju with floppy ears and I was more than pleased to expose him to King Seesar for the first time. I didn't even warn him about the hairy aureolae.

*sits back and waits*

Has anyone else gotten any happy moments from giant monsters lately?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Many, many years ago, I was at a vet's office, and somebody brought in a teeny, tiny little kitten. Its name was Godzilla.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:43 pm
Destoroyah

I am always amused by those who think there are only maybe 4 or 5 Godzilla movies. When asked, I usually dive into an extended lecture with so much gusto and glee that invariably they start asking which ones they should watch. That starts the 2nd lecture...

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:07 pm
Mothra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBr8Bal3H8I

I found Hanuman vs 7 Ultraman recently and watched it. Not that I payed attention to the human parts, mind you, but I had way too much fun watching the monster fights.

The spectacular fashion Dorobon was disposed of (starting at 1:33:30) has brought me an inordinate amount of joy.

Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:18 pm
Burning Godzilla

Watching the 2014 Godzilla in a movie theater. Middle-aged curmudgeon that I am, when I got my seat at the theater, I was dismayed when this guy close to my age walked in with three boys between ages 9 - 11 or so and seated themselves behind me. You get the small selfish feeling that this dang youngsters are going to ruin MY movie experience.

Then Godzilla makes his first on-screen appearence. On a big screen. Quietly, my brain is doing Snoopy Happy Dances and pirhouettes. But the boys behind me are leaning forward in their seats and they collectively go "whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaa!"

Yeah, they got it. Of course they got it. And the Dad - he was smiling too.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Watching the 2014 Godzilla in a movie theater. Middle-aged curmudgeon that I am, when I got my seat at the theater, I was dismayed when this guy close to my age walked in with three boys between ages 9 - 11 or so and seated themselves behind me. You get the small selfish feeling that this dang youngsters are going to ruin MY movie experience.

Then Godzilla makes his first on-screen appearence. On a big screen. Quietly, my brain is doing Snoopy Happy Dances and pirhouettes. But the boys behind me are leaning forward in their seats and they collectively go "whoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaa!"

Yeah, they got it. Of course they got it. And the Dad - he was smiling too.

*happy sigh*

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Snurt64 wrote:
I am always amused by those who think there are only maybe 4 or 5 Godzilla movies. When asked, I usually dive into an extended lecture with so much gusto and glee that invariably they start asking which ones they should watch. That starts the 2nd lecture...

Truly, you are my brother.

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBr8Bal3H8I

I found Hanuman vs 7 Ultraman recently and watched it. Not that I payed attention to the human parts, mind you, but I had way too much fun watching the monster fights.

The spectacular fashion Dorobon was disposed of (starting at 1:33:30) has brought me an inordinate amount of joy.

OH MY GOD!! How did I not notice that on YT before!?! Thank you for pointing that out! I've wanted to see that for years! I can't wait!

-----------------------------
I hope my excitement is coming through!!

Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:50 am
Burning Godzilla

Is it a coincidence that the trademark on Beatrix Kiddo's coveted Hattori Hanzo sword bears a striking resemblance to King Seesar?

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
Is it a coincidence that the trademark on Beatrix Kiddo's coveted Hattori Hanzo sword bears a striking resemblance to King Seesar?

Probably; they're both based on a fu dog.

I watched that Hanuman/Ultras movie. After I get my slasher reviews up, I'll put up my stream-of-consciousness review for that.

-------------------------
Spoiler: I got quite a bit of joy from it, particularly when the monsters ran riot.

Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:59 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

I watched that Hanuman/Ultras movie. After I get my slasher reviews up, I'll put up my stream-of-consciousness review for that.

Spoiler: I got quite a bit of joy from it, particularly when the monsters ran riot.

That was not meant to be a serious question, Deeds.

Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

My apologies, then!

------------------------------
*slinks away*

Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:36 pm
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Seemed pretty serious to me. Phbbbt.

Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

*prepares to square off with BJ*

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

A co-worker was lamenting that there is no snap-together plastic model kit of the Toho Studios Gargantuas. I was able to find him one immediately using Google. Some people just need to be more persistent.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:06 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I bought the Hallmark collectible Godzilla Christmas ornament. It features the 2014 movie roar and the sound of a collapsing building. It's cool, but not nearly as cool as the one I bought about 1o years ago that featured the Toho roar.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next