Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Films That Could Be Improved With Giant Monsters 
Burning Godzilla

Zeus wrote:
Cabin in the Woods. Now that you mention it, Kaiju are probably the only thing missing from that fine movie.

I like to imagine that it was one of the options for the Japanese version of the ritual, along with a nine-tailed fox and an infestation of umbrella goblins.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:03 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Zeus wrote:
Cabin in the Woods. Now that you mention it, Kaiju are probably the only thing missing from that fine movie.

I like to imagine that it was one of the options for the Japanese version of the ritual, along with a nine-tailed fox and an infestation of umbrella goblins.

Whereas the Brazilian ritual would feature a Mapinguari/Capelobo, a Caapora and some variety of goblin with no pênis and no anus, and if performed during Carnaval, no drugs would be needed to induce stupidity and unnecessary promiscuous behavior.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mothra

oooohhhhhhh i think Freddy Krueger: 3 dream warriors

although i really enjoy this film i feel a giant monster always makes it better viewing.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

westlondon_boy wrote:
oooohhhhhhh i think Freddy Krueger: 3 dream warriors

although i really enjoy this film i feel a giant monster always makes it better viewing.

Might not the giant Freddy using one of the kids as a marionette possibly count as a kaiju? I've been toying with this idea for some time...

*taps heels together 3 times*

What would Robert Englund say? What would Robert Englund say? What would Robert Englund say?

Now my next suggestion is Kill Bill, Vol. 2. I feel the first movie is perfect but the second volume is just a hair off. Might not Bill's hacienda be a cooler place if the jungles around it were stalked by, I dunno, 50-foot venomous Cassowaries or if Bill himself transformed into a kaiju before Kiddo's eyes as the drug he gave her started to take effect?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:42 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Resident Evil is a movie where the final menace is a distinct letdown because of how un-kaijuish it is.

Here's a movie that would have been improved with a real kaiju: Cloverfield.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

supersonic man wrote:
Resident Evil is a movie where the final menace is a distinct letdown because of how un-kaijuish it is.

Mean to Clover! I thought she was kind of cute.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:58 pm
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:

*hearkens to a distant rimshot*

The same goes for Wendigo, by the way.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

There was a Wendigo-themed filmed called Frostbiter that featured a giant stop-motion centaur monster.

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:58 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I would love to see a version of RCMP and the Lost Treasure of Genghis Khan with, you know, just one kaiju after another. This would be a great opportunity to use furry kaiju because it would all go down in the Great White North.

Remember that dragon Emmanuelle Seigner was riding in some of the illustration of Satan's book in The Ninth Gate? Would it not have been boss to have her appear at some point riding that dragon in live action -- or, considering what the dragon appears to have represented, to have Johnny Depp turn into a dragon during the pertinent scene?

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Remember that dragon Emmanuelle Seigner was riding in some of the illustration of Satan's book in The Ninth Gate? Would it not have been boss to have her appear at some point riding that dragon in live action -- or, considering what the dragon appears to have represented, to have Johnny Depp turn into a dragon during the pertinent scene?

A while ago, Juniper and I got to talking about this one incredible Jehovah's Witness apocalypse exegesis pamphlet (which she remembered from being raised JW, whereas I knew it from the time some door-to-door God-botherers gave a copy to my grandmother), and we both agreed that an illiterately literal reading of Revelation 13 would produce a pretty incredible kaiju movie if it used that pamphlet's design for the ten-horned, seven-headed beast. Check it out-- I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

(The same pamphlet had some pretty neat renditions of the monsters from Daniel 7, too, but that Revelation 13 guy is in a whole other league.)

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

A while ago, Juniper and I got to talking about this one incredible Jehovah's Witness apocalypse exegesis pamphlet (which she remembered from being raised JW, whereas I knew it from the time some door-to-door God-botherers gave a copy to my grandmother), and we both agreed that an illiterately literal reading of Revelation 13 would produce a pretty incredible kaiju movie if it used that pamphlet's design for the ten-horned, seven-headed beast. Check it out-- I'm sure you'll see what I mean.

(The same pamphlet had some pretty neat renditions of the monsters from Daniel 7, too, but that Revelation 13 guy is in a whole other league.)

That's pretty awesome. Part ceratopsian, part big cat, all Satanic!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
El Santo wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

And grizzly bear bits, too!

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Hman wrote:
El Santo wrote:

And grizzly bear bits, too!

AND the toenails off a skunk! I wonder if he has scent glands???

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:03 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

No one tell the Asylum about that. I realize they're the only ones that would be likely to make a movie with something like that, but dammit, it should be in a good movie.

--------------------------
Maybe I need a new antagonist for my Godzilla movie...

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 am
Mothra

Hman wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

There was a Wendigo-themed filmed called Frostbiter that featured a giant stop-motion centaur monster.

Oh, that was played in the theater in NYC, even! Yoink!

That Jehovah's Witness end-times dragon is EPIC.

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next