Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
King Kong VS Godzilla 1963 
Mothra

so today i brought King Kong VS Godzilla which im yet to watch.

should i bump it up my list of films to be watched or wait for a rainy day ?

Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

This was my favorite as a child. Subsequent viewings as an adult have made its shortcomings hilariously apparent (the Kong suit being at the top of the list). While kind of short on the "vs." implied in the title, it's got some funny stuff in it. I'd say save it if you're looking for monster smashy, watch it if you need a chuckle.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

oh my box says the best classic monster beat em up

Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I hate to say it, but the writer of that box's description currently has pants that are aflame. In perpetuity.

"I've always imagined you as Tom Servo, in my head." - Ed the IX paying me one helluva nice (if unintended) compliment.

"Hoots, Sister Morag. I can no' find pleasure in haggis anymore." - Beggar So's Hat

"I'm back, and I'm more evil than before! HAW HAW HEE!" - Mr. Mind, feelin' it

Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Alcohol suggested.

Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:39 pm
Burning Godzilla

It's fun but I prefer Kong's battle with Mechi-Kong in King Kong Escapes.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:40 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I have had it in my collection for over 10 years and have not gotten around to it yet. Maybe this is finally the right weekend.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

im still yet to watch it i put it on but had to go out 5 minutes after so still waiting for a rainy day

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

westlondon_boy wrote:
im still yet to watch it i put it on but had to go out 5 minutes after so still waiting for a rainy day

Isn't it rainy most days where you live?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Quote:
Isn't it rainy most days where you live?

yeah it does but we now have certain types of rain so im waiting for wet rain ;)

Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:01 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Wait, what?

Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

I like this one quite a bit. It's a rollicking good time with a good amount of monster action, and even the comic relief doesn't bug me as much as it probably should. Sure, Kong looks horrible, but we have one of my favorite Godzillas in it to make up for it.

I think it's going to be the next one I introduce my nephew to (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster won the honor of being his first, and it was a huge hit because, well, that movie kicks ass).

-------------------------
Either that or Godzilla's Revenge.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:25 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I like this one quite a bit. It's a rollicking good time with a good amount of monster action, and even the comic relief doesn't bug me as much as it probably should. Sure, Kong looks horrible, but we have one of my favorite Godzillas in it to make up for it.

I think it's going to be the next one I introduce my nephew to (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster won the honor of being his first, and it was a huge hit because, well, that movie kicks ass).

So what do you think you're going to go with? Painfully cute or painfully clumsy?

Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:54 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Cliffie wrote:
The Rev. D.D. wrote:

So what do you think you're going to go with? Painfully cute or painfully clumsy?

I feel like he'd enjoy Revenge since he's pretty young, which would make him the target audience. Plus it's full of monster fights, and he doesn't know they're all stock footage save Gabara's. I'm leaning towards it now since KKvG will still be fun if he's a few years older (I was about 9-10 when I first saw it), but this one he might outgrow.

I really want to show him Son of Godzilla next, but I think Kumonga might spook him.

---------------------
Which, to be fair, isn't an unreasonable reaction.

Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:37 pm
Burning Godzilla

The Rev. D.D. wrote:
I really want to show him Son of Godzilla next, but I think Kumonga might spook him.

Kumonga's in the stock footage recycled for Godzilla's Revenge, so you'll know soon enough.

Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next