Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Ghost Shark on DVD? 
Burning Godzilla

It doesn't seem to exist on this format when I try to find it. Or am I just missing something?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

It seems to exist as a British import. I am technologically challenged, so I don't know if this will play on an American DVD player. (I guess it's "region 2" so let the buyer beware.)

(My better half just asked me the other day what "blu-ray" was and I had to admit I had no idea.)

http://www.dvdplanet.com/buy/dvd/ghost- ... 7AodXgQAcg

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 pm
Burning Godzilla

Yeah, that definitely won't play on standard American equipment. It's the wrong region and the wrong video-signal format.

Incidentally, Victoria, Blu-Ray is Sony's proprietary high-definition video format; I think the name comes from the color of the laser used to read the discs. The discs are the same size as CDs or DVDs, but improved encoding technology allows for vastly more data to be stored on them. Blu-Ray players can usually read DVDs, but DVD players can't read Blu-Ray discs. Also, the region map for Blu-Ray is different from that for DVD.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

However, in what is now a modest investment, an all-region blu-ray and DVD player can be purchased. DVDs are simple plug and play. Blu-Rays require an additional button pressing, but that's it.

I have had great luck with the reliability, so far, of my LG player I bought from 220-Electronics.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

How can that not be on DVD? There are so many worse movies that were released, and one of my favorite recent shark movies isn't?

------------------
No justice...

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:51 pm
Burning Godzilla

It is available on Import Bluray. Ghost Shark for North America.

And I agree, this is one of the more entertaining Shark Movies of the last few years.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:10 am
Profile YIM WWW
Mothra

yay i can buy it here in rainy old england

Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

If you think I am buying a Blu-ray machine for Ghost Shark, you are out of your effing mind. :lol:

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Well, you can buy it "for" things like a boxed set extended eleven hour edition of LOTR, and then just happen to make Ghost Shark the first thing you watch on it.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Well, you can buy it "for" things like a boxed set extended eleven hour edition of LOTR, and then just happen to make Ghost Shark the first thing you watch on it.

That LOTR stuff is FAR too classy for me. But never fear -- the proprietor of Kobb Labs found me something.

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 pm
Profile WWW
Minya

The cheapest I have seen it was £4 ($5.74) Hmv do it for more and I have seen it loads in the CEX

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]