Reply to topic  [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of My Own Awesomeness! 
Burning Godzilla

Yikes! Best wishes for a full recovery from the dental procedure. I had all four wisdom teeth removed many years ago, so I know it's not simple.

And congratulations on the political activism. (And kudos to your congressman for actually meeting with constituents.)

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:24 pm
Destoroyah

supersonic man wrote:
SSW and I have joined a local Indivisible group, and last night that group plus another small bunch of local activists put on our own town hall for our congressman. We were afraid the crowd would overflow, but it didn't because our congressman, unlike some, is doing enough town halls for everybody. It went very smoothly and got covered by a local TV station. SSW womaned an information table and was briefly seen on the evening news. (Not her first time.)

My wife and I had been pretty active in downtown event planning and revitalization efforts through local organizations. For a lark, I decided to go to a town council meeting to see what they were discussing and deciding on about our downtown.

The mayor had never been in any of my businesses. The day after I went to the meeting, he strolls in and starts asking about how he can help us and what we can do for downtown.

Lesson Learned. If you want politicians to act, you need to show up.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:44 pm
Burning Godzilla

We've also started going to local Democratic Club meetings. The mayor nods now when he sees me.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Yikes! Best wishes for a full recovery from the dental procedure.

It's been a week and I'm still in constant pain, and apparently that's normal. I basically have to grow back a quarter inch of bone.

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Osco Sean and I just taped the first episode of The Fiasco Brothers Watch A Movie, a podcast in which two middle-aged white men give their opinions about stuff. We hope to drop a new episode every two weeks starting some time in June. The format will usually be us talking about a single film; we each picked 13 movies we wanted to discuss in depth and if we do 26 biweekly episodes, that's a year.

Further details as events warrant.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie talk about A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, the Farsi-language vampire movie set in Iran and filmed in Bakersfield, California. SPOILER: They liked it.

Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 am
Burning Godzilla

So...in the interim I've somehow managed to get into med school, under health information management (which is medical records and billing and other related stuff). Just wrapped up my first semester and it actually went pretty well!

Don't worry! I'm as hard as a brick moppet, if moppets were made out of bricks!
---Old Japan Airlines Castle in the Sky dub

When even Gary Busey getting mauled to death by a barn owl is tepid and uninteresting, you've seriously failed as a filmmaker.
---Megalemur

Fri May 19, 2017 2:41 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Congratulations, Evang... that's a solid area to get into.

I forgot to brag here, too. Though I thought I was going to have the cover story, I still scored the most read/shared feature in the May edition of the Lane Report magazine: Ultraviolet Light’s Eye-Opening Powers.

Chock up another paid assignment. Cha-ching!

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Fri May 19, 2017 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Profession-related congratulations to both!

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm
Burning Godzilla

Wow...

I haven't been here in forever. But I suppose my awesomeness is my daughter turns one soon. Oh, and I have a daughter now.

:)

Sun May 28, 2017 7:17 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

I suppose the former depends on the latter.

Best wishes for continued success with this very difficult and important responsibility.

Oh, and welcome back!

Mon May 29, 2017 12:54 am
Burning Godzilla

I am quite happy with Miss Lola!

Mon May 29, 2017 2:22 am
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

untitled user wrote:
I am quite happy with Miss Lola!

That's a great name, UU. Daughters are great.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Miss Lola!

Wed May 31, 2017 3:34 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

-

Paul Tries to Understand Science.

For the last few years I've kind of started acting like something of a science writer. I found that the best way I could clear up my own ignorance of a topic was to write out an explanation of it, and then just study each uncertainty I ran into in the explanation until I could end up with a coherent article. The result: I've just added an entire website section in which to put science articles.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:34 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Congratulations on the daughter, UU!

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 240 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16