Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of My Own Awesomeness! 
Author Message
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
supersonic man wrote:
I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.


Nice job of prediction.

Here's an article from a guy I went to high school with which suggests that even solidly Republican Kansas might be changing:

https://brickspolitics.com/2016/08/10/bleeding-kansas/

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:34 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:24 am
Posts: 6572
Location: Tyrannia (NOTE: This is a lie.)
I went three for three not getting "killed" in the mass shooting drills at work today.

_________________
Checkpoint Telstar enters the ring for the RussellMania review roundtable, taking a look at Ken Russell's 1971 masterpiece The Devils.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.


Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:14 am
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
TelstarMan wrote:
I went three for three not getting "killed" in the mass shooting drills at work today.


Congratulations on surviving.

Is this workplace an environment in which this is considered to be a likely threat?

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:24 am
Posts: 6572
Location: Tyrannia (NOTE: This is a lie.)
Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
TelstarMan wrote:
I went three for three not getting "killed" in the mass shooting drills at work today.


Congratulations on surviving.

Is this workplace an environment in which this is considered to be a likely threat?


No more than anywhere else in America, as far as I can tell. But it's a county courthouse and apparently they hold these drills every other year. There was a surprising amount of adrenalin and fear even though it was all just pretend, and some aspects of the "informing the people what we were supposed to do" aspect of things led me to remark that I wouldn't trust the event organizers to set up a one car funeral.

_________________
Checkpoint Telstar enters the ring for the RussellMania review roundtable, taking a look at Ken Russell's 1971 masterpiece The Devils.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.


Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:56 am
Profile
Godzilla

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:53 am
Posts: 227
Location: Woodstock, IL
Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.


Nice job of prediction.

Here's an article from a guy I went to high school with which suggests that even solidly Republican Kansas might be changing:

https://brickspolitics.com/2016/08/10/bleeding-kansas/



His first name is Brick?


Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
Fornax wrote:
Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.


Nice job of prediction.

Here's an article from a guy I went to high school with which suggests that even solidly Republican Kansas might be changing:

https://brickspolitics.com/2016/08/10/bleeding-kansas/



His first name is Brick?


Actually Phil, but he picked up the nickname "Brick" (Brick Wahl, get it?) as a drummer in a punk band back in the old days. He is also a very large man, so it fits.

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:51 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Fornax wrote:

His first name is Brick?


Actually Phil, but he picked up the nickname "Brick" (Brick Wahl, get it?) as a drummer in a punk band back in the old days. He is also a very large man, so it fits.


Or maybe he's just sort of paranoid and Philbrickian. Ba-doom-tsssh!

I was astounded when the bottomlessly-Republican county I live in had nothing but Obama stickers on the cars before the last presidential election. But I guess things are back to normal. It's Trump or bust around here.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
Around here I see a fair number of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump stickers, and I still see a few Ben Carson stickers. I think I have seen exactly one Hillary Clinton sticker.

It leads me to the general conclusion that some candidates attract passion, and others attract acceptance.

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:35 am
Posts: 2479
Location: Chattanooga TN
My review of the October 1961 issue of Fantastic was accepted by this website:

http://galacticjourney.org/september-20 ... fantastic/

I have been invited to do monthly reviews of that publication for it (at least until the issues I can find via Internet Archive run out, which will be a few years.)

_________________
Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.


Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:16 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2001 2:24 am
Posts: 6572
Location: Tyrannia (NOTE: This is a lie.)
Made it through another HubrisWeen, and didn't miss any deadlines.

_________________
Checkpoint Telstar enters the ring for the RussellMania review roundtable, taking a look at Ken Russell's 1971 masterpiece The Devils.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.


Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:44 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Neither did I. New feature article to appear in upcoming Lane Report magazine, the Kentucky business magazine. November edition.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 6571
Location: California's #2 tourist destination
Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.

_________________
"This is a Star Trek that pretends to have balls, but continues to prove that those balls are actually rubber prophylactics pretending to be balls." -- Bj

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s


Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
supersonic man wrote:
Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.


All praise to the person who got the reference and remarked on it.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:54 am
Posts: 6571
Location: California's #2 tourist destination
Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.


All praise to the person who got the reference and remarked on it.

All zero of them.

_________________
"This is a Star Trek that pretends to have balls, but continues to prove that those balls are actually rubber prophylactics pretending to be balls." -- Bj

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s


Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
supersonic man wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.


All praise to the person who got the reference and remarked on it.

All zero of them.


Alas. Life among the unwashed.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy