Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of My Own Awesomeness! 
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.

Nice job of prediction.

Here's an article from a guy I went to high school with which suggests that even solidly Republican Kansas might be changing:

https://brickspolitics.com/2016/08/10/bleeding-kansas/

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:34 pm
Burning Godzilla

I went three for three not getting "killed" in the mass shooting drills at work today.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:14 am
Burning Godzilla

TelstarMan wrote:
I went three for three not getting "killed" in the mass shooting drills at work today.

Congratulations on surviving.

Is this workplace an environment in which this is considered to be a likely threat?

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:29 pm
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
TelstarMan wrote:

Congratulations on surviving.

Is this workplace an environment in which this is considered to be a likely threat?

No more than anywhere else in America, as far as I can tell. But it's a county courthouse and apparently they hold these drills every other year. There was a surprising amount of adrenalin and fear even though it was all just pretend, and some aspects of the "informing the people what we were supposed to do" aspect of things led me to remark that I wouldn't trust the event organizers to set up a one car funeral.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie covers April Ghoul's Day at the Riverside Drive-In, located in scenic Vandergrift, Pennsylvania.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:56 am
Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.

Nice job of prediction.

Here's an article from a guy I went to high school with which suggests that even solidly Republican Kansas might be changing:

His first name is Brick?

Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:23 am
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

Nice job of prediction.

His first name is Brick?

Actually Phil, but he picked up the nickname "Brick" (Brick Wahl, get it?) as a drummer in a punk band back in the old days. He is also a very large man, so it fits.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:51 pm
Burning Godzilla

Fornax wrote:

His first name is Brick?

Actually Phil, but he picked up the nickname "Brick" (Brick Wahl, get it?) as a drummer in a punk band back in the old days. He is also a very large man, so it fits.

Or maybe he's just sort of paranoid and Philbrickian. Ba-doom-tsssh!

I was astounded when the bottomlessly-Republican county I live in had nothing but Obama stickers on the cars before the last presidential election. But I guess things are back to normal. It's Trump or bust around here.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Around here I see a fair number of Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump stickers, and I still see a few Ben Carson stickers. I think I have seen exactly one Hillary Clinton sticker.

It leads me to the general conclusion that some candidates attract passion, and others attract acceptance.

Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:13 pm
Burning Godzilla

My review of the October 1961 issue of Fantastic was accepted by this website:

http://galacticjourney.org/september-20 ... fantastic/

I have been invited to do monthly reviews of that publication for it (at least until the issues I can find via Internet Archive run out, which will be a few years.)

Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:16 pm
Burning Godzilla

Made it through another HubrisWeen, and didn't miss any deadlines.

Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:44 pm
Burning Godzilla

Neither did I. New feature article to appear in upcoming Lane Report magazine, the Kentucky business magazine. November edition.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Once again, my effort at making a halloween costume extended no further than clipping a small bat to the back of my shirt collar, in honor of Zontar.

All praise to the person who got the reference and remarked on it.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

All zero of them.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
Bergerjacques wrote:
supersonic man wrote:

All zero of them.

Alas. Life among the unwashed.

Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next