Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
I Can't Hear You Over the Sound of My Own Awesomeness! 
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
There is supposed to be a paperback edition eventually.

Here it is. A lot more expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Haunting-Lake-Man ... anor+hotel

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:23 pm
Burning Godzilla

And we have the first review of this anthology:

Jo wrote:
Having just spent a - shall we not say pleasant, but engrossing, given the genre - few hours reading through this anthology I find it easy to recommend.

13 stories, each interlinked cleverly with overarching themes and shared setting, all of the spooky variety.

There was a nice range of stories, with some great modern storytelling on show. The highlight for me included the first story by Anna Dickinson stood out as very fresh, with a great YA voice. EJ Tett - whose published books I've read before - gave her trademark, bold, voicey take on the subject matter which carried me along. I also particularly enjoyed Victoria Silverwolf's bitter sweet take. But, really, each story was a fresh, fun take.

Nicely finished, showcasing a range of talent, this is a treat for any lovers of the macabre.

I must point out that this person knows me on the SFFChronicles forum, so don't take that praise very seriously.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:38 pm
Burning Godzilla

You can see me dancing in a local fundraiser at the link below...

http://www.owatonnalive.com/Special-events.html

The event is the April 30th, 2016- Healthy Seniors Dancing with our Steele County Stars

Wed May 04, 2016 4:53 pm
Burning Godzilla

I may not be any use at video games involving quick hand-eye coordination or combat skills, but I finally found one I can be good at. Angry Birds 2. Installed it about two weeks ago and am not that far along in the single-player levels... but in the arena, where you face other players one on one, I have a win-loss record of about 30 to 2, and both losses were forfeits rather than outright defeats. They give a prize for seven consecutive wins and I can pretty much claim it at will.

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:17 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
I may not be any use at video games involving quick hand-eye coordination or combat skills, but I finally found one I can be good at. Angry Birds 2. Installed it about two weeks ago and am not that far along in the single-player levels... but in the arena, where you face other players one on one, I have a win-loss record of about 30 to 2, and both losses were forfeits rather than outright defeats. They give a prize for seven consecutive wins and I can pretty much claim it at will.

Naturally, as soon as I started trying to compete seriously, I ran into much better opposing players. Now it's become rare and difficult to get a seven game streak.

And I'm becoming convinced that there are circumstances where this game lets both contestants each think that they won.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

So apparently actor Bruce Boxleitner likes my Tarzan reviews. :P

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:05 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I'm writing up background information for a Pathfinder game that will start next month. It's the first time I've run a roleplaying game in about fifteen years (!) and I'm very happy with how things are going so far.

Click here if you'd like to see the virtual corkboard that I'm sticking notes to. The game takes place in 1899 in a divided America, and among the house rules is that you can play a Dime Novelist using the rules for a Bard if you want.

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 am
Burning Godzilla

Fun! I wish I could do more RPG stuff.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Burning Godzilla

Wow. You have put a lot of thought into this. I particularly like the twenty questions.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:47 pm
Burning Godzilla

Wow. You have put a lot of thought into this. I particularly like the twenty questions.

Thank you! Yeah, there's a ton of background details in there, and I'm probably going to write up a recap of the game on my blog session by session, just as a thing to do (and so that people who aren't playing it can see where it's going, if they're interested).

I just realized I didn't ask "If your character was old enough to serve, what did they do during the Civil War?".

The Fiasco Brothers Watch a Movie watch Vampyr and talk about dream logic in a silent German film about a vampyr.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:52 pm
Godzilla

Put this in my Amazon queue like a month ago, and buying something else triggered me to remember. So, I probably won't work up the energy to let anyone know what I think, but will be buying a copy.

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:17 am
Burning Godzilla

Benjamin wrote:

Put this in my Amazon queue like a month ago, and buying something else triggered me to remember. So, I probably won't work up the energy to let anyone know what I think, but will be buying a copy.

Thank you!

Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Burning Godzilla

supersonic man wrote:
supersonic man wrote:
Angry Birds 2

Naturally, as soon as I started trying to compete seriously, I ran into much better opposing players. Now it's become rare and difficult to get a seven game streak.

And I'm becoming convinced that there are circumstances where this game lets both contestants each think that they won.

I now believe that when this game says it is letting two human beings play each other, there's a profound amount of fudging and fakery involved. I think that it not only lets both players win, but the opponent you finish the match against may not be the same one that was announced at the beginning. For instance, if you fail to respond for 15 minutes, the match is still on and the opponent is still fresh and ready.

Whatever, I think I've found my level. There were originally eight "leagues" divided by skill and experience (they may have added more since, I don't know), and I advanced smoothly to the sixth, and I think I'll just settle there until further notice.

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I got a Facebook message from the writer / director of the movie I reviewed most recently at the Checkpoint, thanking me for my kind words and telling me I understood what he was trying to do.

Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 pm
Burning Godzilla

I just randomly found an eight year old post of mine saying that in eight years Georgia might vote blue. According to 538 that's now looking probable.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next