Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Short films on sci fi channel during the 90s. 
Kenny

I'm searching for information on some short films ( mostly horror) that were aired between show or commercials in the Sci Fi channel during the 90s.
I remember some of them and I would like to find them. Here's a list of some of them.

1. A marionette that comes alive and chase a woman in an apartment to kill her, the woman decapitate the marionette with a baseball bat.
2. There this janitor working in a store and the mannequins talks to him trying to persuade him, at the end he is turned into mannequin.
3. A fisherman is fishing in a lake and he got fished into the lake by an apple with a line.
4. A mailman doesn't do a favor to an old man in a Bar and the mailman cant escape the area whenever he drives he end up in the same location.
5. A man build a huge mouse traps and commit suicide.
6. a woman is trying not to eat some fruits that talk to her so she sew her moth.

There were many more that aired during that time I had search everywhere and found nothing yet.

Please if any of you know anything please let me know by name or link if possible. '

Also: Thanks fpr this page is amazing to learn from rare movies.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:37 pm
Burning Godzilla

#5 is "The Contraption", starring Richard O'Brien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPUdgQFh7H0 to check it out.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:20 am
Burning Godzilla

And hey, YouTube had a link to your first film on the side of the page when I went to find the mousetrap one:

The Dummy.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:25 am
Mothra

Number six is actually an episode of Tales from the Darkside. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU2X88ooLoc
It's called 'Love Hungry'.

If Im not mistaken, 2 and 3 are on youtube. Or at least they were. I can't seem to find them now.

Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:28 am
Burning Godzilla

A little more digging has found #2; it's called "Living Dolls".

Here you go.

Four down, two to go...

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:09 am
Kenny

Thanks for the help wow I love this short films. I didnt realize that there was acutually a show in USA networks that show this kind of stuff. Thanks for the help.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:24 am
Destoroyah

Number three is called "A Little Fishy." If I can find it I'll post a link.

I actually remember most of these, although I never saw #4.

That dummy one was pretty creepy. I also recall finding "Living Dolls" fairly disquieting, too, at least the final shot. Something about mannequins apparently hits a deep nerve in my psyche. I saw Tourist Trap in high school and found that scarier than I probably should have due to those dolls with the flapping mouths.

I just saw "Love Hungry" for the first time a couple of years ago and was genuinely surprised by the ending. That was quite twisted.

----------------------
I'll be interested to learn about that mailman one.

Last edited by The Rev. D.D. on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:38 pm
Burning Godzilla

"A Little Fishy" can be seen here. Not the best quality, but there it is.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]