Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Godzilla: Heritage 
Burning Godzilla

Kickstarter for a new Godzilla fan film that promises to guest star Anguirus.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Check out the Varan concept art for this fan film. I *hope* it gets funded. The possibility of Godzilla vs. Varan makes me as giddy as a little schoolgirl.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

I LOVE Goji's blue eyes! :D

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:03 pm
Profile WWW
Destoroyah

Anguirus is expected. Varan is a nice surprise; he could use a good movie to be in (not sure I can count him as being in DAM all things considered).

Oh, I see an updated Kamakuras. I'm sold. Especially if they also bring back Kumonga at long last.

----------------------
I'm not counting Final Wars goddammit.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 am
Burning Godzilla

Kumonga and Rodan have been confirmed for the film. Varan's origin is different, but Kumonga, Rodan, and Kamakiras have origins that follow the Showa series.

According to the info on the Kamakiras art, the Vietnam War against them, since they left Sogell Island and invaded SE Asia.

So we have Kumonga, Rodan, Varan, Anguirus, Kamakiras, Godzilla...and apparently that there are others we'll have to wait to see.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:50 am
Profile YIM WWW
Destoroyah

I have to say...I'm not a fan of the Dilophosaurus crest on Varan there. That's about my only nitpick so far, though.

I'm surprised as a fan project that there's no Titanosaurus.

-------------------
Just as well....that way, my hypothetical Godzilla movie can be his triumphant return.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:35 pm
Burning Godzilla

I think when they consolidated all of the questions they've been asked into a Q&A post on Facebook, they explicitly addressed the Titanosaurus question. I found that to be interesting. There must've been A LOT of people wishing for it to show up in the film, although I'm not one of them.

I am kind of wondering just how much screen time the monsters will be getting, since it *is* a low budget project. Then again, the Reigo and Raiga films had oodles of monster footage and those were pretty cheap productions, too.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

The filmmakers are having a monster design contest, with the top design getting an appearance in the film. I submitted a giant monster called the Capelobo, which is of course based on the Brazilian mythological creature. Its origin story:

Quote:
At the end of the 1970s, the Angra Nuclear Power Plant in Angra dos Reis, located in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, was in the early stages of its construction phase. The Brazilian government, then a military dictatorship, had set up an auction to determine which third party would be responsible for building the reactor. Japanese-owned company Eastinghouse was set to win, but ended up losing to a German company, who had entered into an illegal contract with two of its rivals. The deal was that if they helped it win, the company would then sub-contract some of its activities to them. Several government officials were bribed in order to keep the subject under wraps.

Trouble began when the German company went back on its deal with one of its allies and sub-contracted to a fourth company instead. Angry at the betrayal, the third company sent spies to sabotage the reactor a few days prior to its opening in 1982. As a result of the sabotage, a large cloud of radioactive gas leaked from the reactor, which was then blown by maritime winds into a nearby tract of Atlantic Rainforest. The contaminated fauna went mad and started attacking both humans and each other before the government cordoned off the park and prohibited the entry of non-authorized personel, while neglecting to inform the people of the correlation between the flaw at the power plant and the subsequent ecological crisis.

Two months later, the UN finally found out what had happened at the Angra Nuclear Power Plant and pressured the government into letting them send a team of scientists into the forest to determine the effects of the radiation on the ecosystem. They were to be accompanied by a platoon of Brazilian soldiers. They were surprised to find the area completely devoid of life...well, almost. A 27-meter creature resembling a bipedal anteater emerged from the forest and devoured most of the team with its long tongue. The military response was quick, but ultimately a failure. The soldiers panicked, especially when the creature--dubbed the Capelobo after a malignant spirit of Tupi legends--started ripping open tanks with its claws and feasting on the soldiers inside.

The situation quickly spiraled out of control and the military was unable to evacuate the city Angra dos Reis, which led to a enormous amount of casualties when the army engaged the Capelobo in city streets. People died from both friendly fire and the creature itself, which tore the walls and roofs off of houses and apartments in order to devour their inhabitants. The monster was finally injured and driven into a sea by a joint air strike. The monster surfaced on Ilha Grande, off the coast of the city Rio de Janeiro. This time, the navies of several world powers were ready and the beast was forced to an isolated portion of the island. A giant wall was built to separate the creature from the more populated regions and several destroyers remained in the area to make sure the Capelobo would not try to escape by sea.

It has been suggested that the creature is now in a prolonged state of hibernation due to the lack of food on the island. The government's handling of the situation contributed to the collapse of the dicatorship during that decade.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Second Kickstarter and Teaser Trailer to the film.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]