Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
New Daikaiju -- Your Suggestions Please? 
Mothra

Dagon doesn't listen to me either. C'thulhu lies dreaming.

What am I supposed to do? I have no guidance.

Sure, smash, kill, destroy. But where do I start? The whole thing just makes me tired.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:20 am
Burning Godzilla

Just head over to any used bookstore. They're sure to have a paperback that will open the gates of hell.

Or read The Radioactive Boy Scout. That kid found enough fissionable material just lying around his neighborhood to probably shorten his own life by decades. Feed some of that to the neighbor's cats, and... :lol:

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Re the question of reptiles vs mammals, I just stumbled over some nature footage of a jaguar stalking and killing a crocodilian as big as itself. http://youtu.be/DBNYwxDZ_pA

b l e s s e d    a r e    t h e    c h e e s e m a k e r s

Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Brother Ragnarok wrote:
It's difficult to pit mammalian beasts against armor plated fire-breathing tanks, but I guess no one really complains too much about King Kong vs. Godzilla. I suppose the logic is, they're giant monsters, they can take a few hits, and that's good enough.
That said, a mandrill would make a good daikaiju. Those things are bloody terrifying.
Or if you wanted one that had some kind of offensive power other than big scary teeth, some kind of monster shrew that could projectile vomit its venom. Really you could even go with a regular bite and skip the spewing. A shrew monster would be considerably faster than its reptilian opponent so it could get some nips in before it got toasted.

You can always pit them against screaming humans. Think of The Relic.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Someone mentioned Dagora, and that got me thinking about a really suitable foe for a delicately-floating daikaiju who can upload diamonds and coal from a lead-lined safe, from a coal tip or from the bowels of the earth. Maybe a dang large amoeba who sucks electricity (creating, effectively, an EMP that stops everything dead across New Jersey whenever she feels like a snack, or North America when spring is in the air and it's time to attract a mate) or something scarier, like iron -- pulling cars full of screaming commuters into the sky, then spitting out the clothes and tires the way we remember key scenes in War of the Gargantuas!

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Someone mentioned Dagora, and that got me thinking about a really suitable foe for a delicately-floating daikaiju who can upload diamonds and coal from a lead-lined safe, from a coal tip or from the bowels of the earth. Maybe a dang large amoeba who sucks electricity (creating, effectively, an EMP that stops everything dead across New Jersey whenever she feels like a snack, or North America when spring is in the air and it's time to attract a mate) or something scarier, like iron -- pulling cars full of screaming commuters into the sky, then spitting out the clothes and tires the way we remember key scenes in War of the Gargantuas!

Judging from the monster's ultimate weakness, you could bring in Queen B*tch from the script treatment of the unmade Tri-Star GINO sequel to fight Dogora.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
Queen B*tch from the script treatment of the unmade Tri-Star GINO sequel

Describe, please.

Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

El Santo wrote:
Hman wrote:

Describe, please.

In the script treatment for the Fraudzilla sequel, the villain was supposed to a giant queen bee, dubbed "Queen B*tch" in the script. The idea would be that her drones would attack villages and airplanes in a way that'd make it look like everybody simply vanished into thin air. They would be taken to the island where the original Godzilla egg hatched, where they'd be fed to the mutante bee colony. In the end, the giant queen would emerge and find GINO junior in Sydney or something like that.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
El Santo wrote:
Hman wrote:

Describe, please.

In the script treatment for the Fraudzilla sequel, the villain was supposed to a giant queen bee, dubbed "Queen B*tch" in the script. The idea would be that her drones would attack villages and airplanes in a way that'd make it look like everybody simply vanished into thin air. They would be taken to the island where the original Godzilla egg hatched, where they'd be fed to the mutante bee colony. In the end, the giant queen would emerge and find GINO junior in Sydney or something like that.

Well, it looks like Banno-san beat them to THAT storyline. Please, God(zilla), not a new iteration of Minya!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Cliffie wrote:
Hman wrote:
Hman wrote:

Well, it looks like Banno-san beat them to THAT storyline. Please, God(zilla), not a new iteration of Minya!

Don't you mean, Kitamura-san?

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Burning Godzilla

Hman wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Hman wrote:

Don't you mean, Kitamura-san?

Godzilla 2014 was Banno-san's brainchild!

Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4