Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
New Daikaiju -- Your Suggestions Please? 
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Hman wrote:
You could always make the Neo-Matango both a man-sized AND a daikaiju-sized aggregate. The aggregate form could fire spore showers that could both transform people/animals into more Matango, and that would be acidic or toxic to monsters like Godzilla.

Speaking of aggregate creations, something that could effectively be done in this day and age on film would be a giant made up of regular-sized people all strapped together in an ungodly mess, like "In the Hills, the Cities" Clive Barker short story.

That would be cool to see, though probably not competition for a proper kaiju, more like good eating.

I was hoping this might happen based on the trailer for World War Z, but it was not to be. Guess I'll have to wait for a movie adaptation of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that includes the granfalloon.

"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci

Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:22 am
Kenny

How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 pm
Burning Godzilla

Barbarianking wrote:
How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?

There were enough traces of the Xenomorph in the MUTO that it almosts counts as just that.

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985

Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mothra

Barbarianking wrote:

The Xenomorph Queen is already big enough to tangle with Ymir, let's find out what happens if we bombard her with gamma rays!

Science demands it.

Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 pm
Destoroyah

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Barbarianking wrote:

The Xenomorph Queen is already big enough to tangle with Ymir, let's find out what happens if we bombard her with gamma rays!

Science demands it.

Wasn't Ymir still growing when he was killed? Was there any limit to his size mentioned?

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:00 pm
Mothra

Snurt64 wrote:
Wasn't Ymir still growing when he was killed? Was there any limit to his size mentioned?

Not that I remember, he was still a toddler when he was killed. I think if he kept growing he could bust up a Cloverfield monster, but he died too young.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Burning Godzilla

Now, is there anything that could salvage the Cloverfield monster and make it really menacing? Minus the dorkiness?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
Now, is there anything that could salvage the Cloverfield monster and make it really menacing? Minus the dorkiness?

I liked me some Clover! She was just a baby too, poor thing. To me, she was more of a fish out of water and not meant to be menacing.

She could look a lot more intimidating if she bulked up... she has the appearance of a puppy, skinny and uncoordinated with big feet.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

I liked me some Clover! She was just a baby too, poor thing. To me, she was more of a fish out of water and not meant to be menacing.

She could look a lot more intimidating if she bulked up... she has the appearance of a puppy, skinny and uncoordinated with big feet.

And I think that was intentional. So bring on the critter's mom!

Just increasing the size or number of Clover's body lice would make a fun movie. Or did they already cover that in Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion?

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Agreed, Clover lice were cool... they should have eliminated all of the scenes of people talking and replaced them with scenes of people exploding in mid-sentence. Best movie ever!

Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:47 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Agreed, Clover lice were cool... they should have eliminated all of the scenes of people talking and replaced them with scenes of people exploding in mid-sentence. Best movie ever!

The single most frightening aspect of that entire movie. How I would love to have seen infantry confronting the Clover lice. Or something...how can a guy have a phone camera and manage only fleeting images of a giant monster? Everyone else takes phone videos of tornadoes as the twisters drive down upon them. They don't turn the cameras on their whiny buddies seeking out their girl.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Bergerjacques wrote:
The single most frightening aspect of that entire movie. How I would love to have seen infantry confronting the Clover lice. Or something...how can a guy have a phone camera and manage only fleeting images of a giant monster? Everyone else takes phone videos of tornadoes as the twisters drive down upon them. They don't turn the cameras on their whiny buddies seeking out their girl.

Yes, that movie could have used more relentless pacing after the party introductions, more parasites, more monster... and a different ending.

But, you take what you can get when you like giant monster movies.

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Doctor Kaiju wrote:

Well, the point of the film was that he was a lousy filmmaker and lousy commentator. And yet the authorities seem to have prized the tape as a priceless Cloverology resource. It all seems to suggest that Hud's recording was the very best one they had to work with.

Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
Well, the point of the film was that he was a lousy filmmaker and lousy commentator. And yet the authorities seem to have prized the tape as a priceless Cloverology resource. It all seems to suggest that Hud's recording was the very best one they had to work with.

Ha, what are the odds of that?

Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Ha, what are the odds of that?

Probably not bad! Just think if Beth had been holding the camera! She would have gotten it all gooey with tears and snot. If Lily had been carrying it she would have tossed it aside impatiently as soon as the fracas started. Marlena was too traumatized to film. No, this emergency called for Hud and Hud alone.

Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next