Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
New Daikaiju -- Your Suggestions Please? 
Author Message
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2001 11:46 pm
Posts: 3262
Location: Deutschland
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Hman wrote:
You could always make the Neo-Matango both a man-sized AND a daikaiju-sized aggregate. The aggregate form could fire spore showers that could both transform people/animals into more Matango, and that would be acidic or toxic to monsters like Godzilla.


Speaking of aggregate creations, something that could effectively be done in this day and age on film would be a giant made up of regular-sized people all strapped together in an ungodly mess, like "In the Hills, the Cities" Clive Barker short story.

That would be cool to see, though probably not competition for a proper kaiju, more like good eating.

I was hoping this might happen based on the trailer for World War Z, but it was not to be. Guess I'll have to wait for a movie adaptation of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night that includes the granfalloon.

_________________
"CITIZEN SNIIIIIPS!" - Theodore Roosevelt's Head
"When the Hulkster comes to Heaven, we'll tag up again" - "Hulkster in Heaven"
"Pustulio Rocks!" - Invader ZIM
"Whoever said it doesn't matter if you win or lose must have been sitting in the back of the loser bus covered in human filth" - Duckman
"I've got your spine!" - Kazuma, Scryed
"I am President...Robot President!" - Robot President Ricci


Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:22 am
Profile
Kenny

Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:06 pm
Posts: 9
How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?


Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:33 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:01 pm
Posts: 5157
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Barbarianking wrote:
How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?


There were enough traces of the Xenomorph in the MUTO that it almosts counts as just that.

_________________
I wrote a book!

My new blog: O Catedral de Kaiju - Return of Godzilla/Godzilla 1985


Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Barbarianking wrote:
How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?


The Xenomorph Queen is already big enough to tangle with Ymir, let's find out what happens if we bombard her with gamma rays!

Science demands it.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:53 pm
Profile
Destoroyah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:19 pm
Posts: 536
Location: Connecticut USA
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Barbarianking wrote:
How about a daikaiju that's like a buffed-up version of the xenomorph from alien?


The Xenomorph Queen is already big enough to tangle with Ymir, let's find out what happens if we bombard her with gamma rays!

Science demands it.

Wasn't Ymir still growing when he was killed? Was there any limit to his size mentioned?

_________________
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: "Winston you are drunk...disgustingly drunk!"
Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: "Madam you're fat...disgustingly fat. And tomorrow, I'll be sober."


Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:00 pm
Profile
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Snurt64 wrote:
Wasn't Ymir still growing when he was killed? Was there any limit to his size mentioned?


Not that I remember, he was still a toddler when he was killed. I think if he kept growing he could bust up a Cloverfield monster, but he died too young.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Now, is there anything that could salvage the Cloverfield monster and make it really menacing? Minus the dorkiness?

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:20 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Cliffie wrote:
Now, is there anything that could salvage the Cloverfield monster and make it really menacing? Minus the dorkiness?


I liked me some Clover! She was just a baby too, poor thing. To me, she was more of a fish out of water and not meant to be menacing.

She could look a lot more intimidating if she bulked up... she has the appearance of a puppy, skinny and uncoordinated with big feet.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:14 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Now, is there anything that could salvage the Cloverfield monster and make it really menacing? Minus the dorkiness?


I liked me some Clover! She was just a baby too, poor thing. To me, she was more of a fish out of water and not meant to be menacing.

She could look a lot more intimidating if she bulked up... she has the appearance of a puppy, skinny and uncoordinated with big feet.


And I think that was intentional. So bring on the critter's mom!

Just increasing the size or number of Clover's body lice would make a fun movie. Or did they already cover that in Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion?

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Agreed, Clover lice were cool... they should have eliminated all of the scenes of people talking and replaced them with scenes of people exploding in mid-sentence. Best movie ever!

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:47 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2001 6:41 pm
Posts: 9376
Location: Carlisle, Kentucky
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Agreed, Clover lice were cool... they should have eliminated all of the scenes of people talking and replaced them with scenes of people exploding in mid-sentence. Best movie ever!


The single most frightening aspect of that entire movie. How I would love to have seen infantry confronting the Clover lice. Or something...how can a guy have a phone camera and manage only fleeting images of a giant monster? Everyone else takes phone videos of tornadoes as the twisters drive down upon them. They don't turn the cameras on their whiny buddies seeking out their girl.

_________________
Oh yeah, down here, I am considered the apotheosis of cool - Sewer Urchin

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks


Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Bergerjacques wrote:
The single most frightening aspect of that entire movie. How I would love to have seen infantry confronting the Clover lice. Or something...how can a guy have a phone camera and manage only fleeting images of a giant monster? Everyone else takes phone videos of tornadoes as the twisters drive down upon them. They don't turn the cameras on their whiny buddies seeking out their girl.


Yes, that movie could have used more relentless pacing after the party introductions, more parasites, more monster... and a different ending.

But, you take what you can get when you like giant monster movies.

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:36 am
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Bergerjacques wrote:
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Agreed, Clover lice were cool... they should have eliminated all of the scenes of people talking and replaced them with scenes of people exploding in mid-sentence. Best movie ever!


The single most frightening aspect of that entire movie. How I would love to have seen infantry confronting the Clover lice. Or something...how can a guy have a phone camera and manage only fleeting images of a giant monster? Everyone else takes phone videos of tornadoes as the twisters drive down upon them. They don't turn the cameras on their whiny buddies seeking out their girl.


Well, the point of the film was that he was a lousy filmmaker and lousy commentator. And yet the authorities seem to have prized the tape as a priceless Cloverology resource. It all seems to suggest that Hud's recording was the very best one they had to work with.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:36 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am
Posts: 161
Cliffie wrote:
Well, the point of the film was that he was a lousy filmmaker and lousy commentator. And yet the authorities seem to have prized the tape as a priceless Cloverology resource. It all seems to suggest that Hud's recording was the very best one they had to work with.


Ha, what are the odds of that?

_________________
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters of Film


Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm
Profile
Burning Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2001 2:48 am
Posts: 4966
Location: Brighton, MI
Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:
Well, the point of the film was that he was a lousy filmmaker and lousy commentator. And yet the authorities seem to have prized the tape as a priceless Cloverology resource. It all seems to suggest that Hud's recording was the very best one they had to work with.


Ha, what are the odds of that?


Probably not bad! Just think if Beth had been holding the camera! She would have gotten it all gooey with tears and snot. If Lily had been carrying it she would have tossed it aside impatiently as soon as the fracas started. Marlena was too traumatized to film. No, this emergency called for Hud and Hud alone.

_________________
Guy in bar: "I got 50 dollars in my pocket saying you're coming home with me tonight."
Girl in bar: "They're lying to you."
(from Psychos In Love)

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!


Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  

Forum hosting by ProphpBB | Software by phpBB | Report Abuse | Privacy