Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
More Small Entertainments 
Burning Godzilla

I opened a gardening magazine while sitting in a waiting room this morning and saw that there was a full-page article on the benefits of the Common Black Garden Beetle living in your yard. They abbreviated this moniker to "CBGB's," and I know not even magazine editors these days know that you don't make something plural using an apostrophe, but it did bad things to my head, picturing Blondie playing in front of a roaring crowd of CBGBs, each with a little paper person fastened to its back, like unto the jury-rigged fleeing townspeople in a certain Toho movie that asked to have its name kept out of this post.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

We were online looking for the Schools of Choice information for Pinckney High School (near Hell, MI) and when you click on the link you get this:

[url=//www.pinckneyschools.org/index.php/pchs-home/schools-of-choice]Hunh?[/url]

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:11 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Looking for signed copies of books by Guy N. Smith, I found this comment at addALL.com, referring to Smith's Crabs on the Rampage:

"Diseased, malevolent hors d'oeuvres on the rampage."

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

I was startled to see Rawhead Rex on the marquee at the Howell Historic Theater the other day as I drove past. It was gone the next day. You snooze, you lose, I guess.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Was watching Robocop for, goodness knows, the 200th time or something. Still love it. And what I love in particular is the twitching of the dead ED 209's toe when Murphy blows it's head off at the end.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:32 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Bergerjacques wrote:
Was watching Robocop for, goodness knows, the 200th time or something. Still love it. And what I love in particular is the twitching of the dead ED 209's toe when Murphy blows it's head off at the end.

Also it squealing like a pig when it's trapped on its back in the stairwell is genius.

Read my reviews at Mana Pop.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]