Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Reincarnation movie based on the Mayerling mystery? 
Burning Godzilla

I have a very vague memory (possibly completely imaginary) of having seen a black-and-white movie on TV (early 1970's?) which had something to do with somebody in modern times having memories of the Mayerling mystery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayerling_Incident

The film would have been from the late 1950's to the early 1960's, and would have been some kind of reincarnation story, I think.

Any clues?

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
I have a very vague memory (possibly completely imaginary) of having seen a black-and-white movie on TV (early 1970's?) which had something to do with somebody in modern times having memories of the Mayerling mystery.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayerling_Incident

The film would have been from the late 1950's to the early 1960's, and would have been some kind of reincarnation story, I think.

Any clues?

Have you ruled out Mayerling, released in 1968? Or Mayerling, 1936? That's much farther back than you're suggesting, of course, and filmed en francais...but guaranteed to be in black and white!

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:35 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Thanks for the suggestions. My memory tells me that it was two modern lovers who were reincarnations of the two lovers in the Meyerling incident. I suspect I made the whole thing up.

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:01 pm
Profile YIM
Burning Godzilla

Victoria Silverwolf wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. My memory tells me that it was two modern lovers who were reincarnations of the two lovers in the Meyerling incident. I suspect I made the whole thing up.

I can't find anything on IMDb that gives that level of detail about what went on in the story -- but there were a number of TV episodes devoted to the events and, heck, you know how they are -- anyone could have gone off in any direction with a story that has that many unanswered questions.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]