Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Kaijumatic: Giant Monsters Needed! 
Mothra

Thanks for the explanation, it can be hard to decipher the who and what sometimes with Ultraman, there's so much history there.

The Ultraman series is my favorite "discovery." They were new to me, and it's been a lot of fun!

Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:14 pm
Destoroyah

You're quite welcome. I'm glad someone took the time to read it! :)

Glad you're enjoying the series.

-------------------------
Shuwatch!

Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:12 am
Burning Godzilla

OK, I couldn't find the tremendous hybrid squid/hydra from El Monstro Del Mar anywhere in your database. I just saw it for the first time myself last night...Basically a variation on Gezora, except he travels underwater, tentacles-first, like a Cuttlefish, and at the end of each tentacle is a tooth-lined mouth strong enough to rip off the head of a woman with questionable moral standards. My information is that this did see a theatrical release, so I have my fins crossed.

The tentacles with the mouths may be more Octalus-like than Hydra-like, come to think of it.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:47 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Cliffie wrote:
OK, I couldn't find the tremendous hybrid squid/hydra from El Monstro Del Mar anywhere in your database. I just saw it for the first time myself last night...Basically a variation on Gezora, except he travels underwater, tentacles-first, like a Cuttlefish, and at the end of each tentacle is a tooth-lined mouth strong enough to rip off the head of a woman with questionable moral standards. My information is that this did see a theatrical release, so I have my fins crossed.

The tentacles with the mouths may be more Octalus-like than Hydra-like, come to think of it.

Super cool! Tentacles are a big plus... I even have a "tentacles" tag! Would you recommend the film? I mean, besides the obvious "if you want to see a big critter eat monkeys" allure.

It will be included in the next update, which also features From Beyond (1986), The Nutty Professor (1996), Frostbiter: Wrath of the Wendigo (1995, released in one theater in NYC at opening if I remember right), Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989) and Tetsuo: Body Hammer (1992), Priest (2011), Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (1984, played in theaters overseas but made for TV in USA), and Descendants (2008).

I have not been able to find a screencap of the hydra/dragon creature from "Natural Born Killers" yet, but I'm sure it's out there, somewhere.

Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:00 am
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Cliffie wrote:

Super cool! Tentacles are a big plus... I even have a "tentacles" tag! Would you recommend the film? I mean, besides the obvious "if you want to see a big critter eat monkeys" allure.
I have not been able to find a screencap of the hydra/dragon creature from "Natural Born Killers" yet, but I'm sure it's out there, somewhere.

I do recommend it -- it's an odd combination of good and bad filmmaking, ultimately worth the time -- in a not worth your time way, I mean.

And I, too, have been unable to find Mallory's dragon.

Sample piscatorial love at Cliffie's Notes! Now in blog form for the greater good of the Fish Conspiracy!

Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:07 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

You MIGHT like Descendents, 2008... it's not a very good movie, not even in a bad movie fun way, but the ending really made me think the movie was worth it. It's odd.

I'm hesitantly recommending it if you're bored and want something to watch while playing with legos.

Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
You MIGHT like Descendents, 2008... it's not a very good movie, not even in a bad movie fun way, but the ending really made me think the movie was worth it. It's odd.

I'm hesitantly recommending it if you're bored and want something to watch while playing with legos.

I saw it and liked it. Low-budget piscatorial love -- what's not to like!?

Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:49 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Yay! I loved the ending so much, it made the rest of the movie worth sitting through.

Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:33 am
Mothra

KM update- now with 734 pages featuring 1,248 big stars from 559 movies!

I think the coolest new member is the Buddha from 1934!

The Ultraman page is also filling out nicely, but still a huge amount of work to do on that front.

Here's the Giant Giant Monster Movie List so you can see all of the new films and monsters added.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:34 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
KM update- now with 734 pages featuring 1,248 big stars from 559 movies!

I think the coolest new member is the Buddha from 1934!

The Ultraman page is also filling out nicely, but still a huge amount of work to do on that front.

Here's the Giant Giant Monster Movie List so you can see all of the new films and monsters added.

Color me impressed. :mrgreen:

Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:09 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Thank you! I'm so happy to have impressed a gill-bearing aquatic animal; much preferred over kudos from a monkey.

And this reminds me, I still need a screencap of the dragon/hydra from Natural Born Killers. If anyone owns the film, I would appreciate that!

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:42 am
Burning Godzilla

I do believe I have something to suggest for your page. As mentioned on the brief review thread, I recently purchased seasons 1 & 2 of the Lexx television series. In the first Lexx movie, it featured a species of giant man-eating centipedes. They are not kaiju-sized, but they are big enough to consume a hu-man. I'd judge them to be between 10 - 15 feet long and they travel by making an ouroborous and rolling after their victim.

Apparently, it's called a Cluster Lizard

Here is a better image

There is also the Lexx itself. I leave it to your determination, as it is a man-made space ship. But it takes the form of a gigantic dragon fly.

You may already have noted these, Dr. Kaiju, but I could not locate them on a quick and unfocused search.

This is an appalling film. And for some of you, well worth your time - SSM

I like the way this board thinks

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Mothra

Just big-screen giant monsters for now! I still haven't caught up on those, so many.

Creatures like the cluster lizard make it really hard to stand by that, ha, very cool. But I would like a complete movie history first before expanding, I keep finding new ones every month.

And that reminds me of another living spaceship, damn I can't remember the name of the show but I loved it. Gah.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:56 pm
Burning Godzilla

Doctor Kaiju wrote:
Just big-screen giant monsters for now! I still haven't caught up on those, so many.

Creatures like the cluster lizard make it really hard to stand by that, ha, very cool. But I would like a complete movie history first before expanding, I keep finding new ones every month.

And that reminds me of another living spaceship, damn I can't remember the name of the show but I loved it. Gah.

Could you mean the Event Horizon? Or maybe...dang, could HAL-9000 count as a kaiju!?

Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:56 pm
Profile WWW
Burning Godzilla

Farscape television series with the spaceship Maya?

Dark tears for is alabaster muse lost forever into the unforgiving jade daggers of the night. Her slim form no longer to touch his burning lips, her blood like the thorny rose no longer his, O Death! O Oblivion! Why havent you come! I wait in my garden of shadows for thee! -- Juniper releases her inner Goth.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next